close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Family building

Discussion in 'Open Mic' started by Philip A., Mar 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . . Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    This is probably the most recent photo that contains me that the site quality control administrators will allow to be posted . . . .

(2000-09-07) - Family Photos 005.JPG
    Proof I'm not making this up . . .

I was also pretty thin back then too . . .

This is 2017, so as a PSA, I'm the bald one . . . .

2. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire Supporting Addict

Apr 12, 2016
    That's nice bud!!! :)

tac45 and ZoidMeister like this.

3. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Wonderful family !
    But that guy on the right ---- Woooooeeeee !

ZoidMeister and Kip like this.
  4. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . . Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    I know, right . . . ?

Kip and tac45 like this.
  5. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire Supporting Addict

Apr 12, 2016
    I'm just wondering why you hired a Nutcracker guy as a bodyguard!!!

6. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things! Supporting Addict

Nov 18, 2014
    Now the "made in China" was funny!!:smurggrin:

guano and ZoidMeister like this.
  7. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    You got a great looking family Zoid, those kids are adorable!

ZoidMeister likes this.
  8. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    That conversation actually occurred!

That is also the daughter I had a conversation about "spring break" with when she was 12 years old. I told her, "Honey, in about four years you will come to Mom and I to ask about going to Cabo, or Ft. Lauderdale, or Destin on a spring break trip."

We talked about some of the perils and trouble her older cousins had gotten themselves into, and how difficult it was to get out of those conundrums. Some, I told her, you can never escape.

One kid in a group that traveled with my neice fell drunken (or high) from a hotel balcony on their spring break trip to Cabo. She died after spending one month in ICU in a Mexican hospital.

I then told her, "So when you come to Mom and I to ask if you can go on a spring break trip, our answer will be no."

"Do you understand honey?"

"Yes Daddy," she replied.

I told her it was very important for her to remember this conversation for the next four or five years.

"Now honey, when you ask Mom and I to go on spring break when you are in High School, what will our answer be?"

"You'll say 'no' Daddy."

"Very good honey, and why will we say 'no'?"

"Because you and Mom want to keep me safe."

Damn if she didn't "forget," but with a little prompting and some serious foot stomping on her part, she "remembered."

Several months after that request, she came to us and thanked us for not letting her go and then started telling us stories about all the trouble her friends got into . . .

She is a smart kid. Just now, in her Junior year of college, she went to Mom to thank her and me for being so insistent on not allowing her to take out student debit. All her friends took out loans for new computers, study abroad trips and the like. Some of these kids have "wealthy" parents you would think could bankroll these expenses. Some of these kids already have $30K+ of loans already and still have a year to go . . . I think she is starting to get it.

Sorry for my rambling.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted