·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,011 Posts
I like a fat bottom

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So this far girl is impressively tight for her age. Not sure what I am going to do with her. Not going to be a carry gun, was thinking of a commander slide, small magwell to get the pinky support and be happy.

but now I am thinking I just refinish it and make some grips for it and call it good.

maybe cco is still on the table. I also saw some with dust cover extended and 5-6” top ends on them.

we will see.

But super tight and surprisingly good trigger. These old Canadian guns were done well.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Nice!!!!!!
I love the feel of these Para’s, they just fit my hand perfectly, I’d like to find a P12 to go with my P14

·
Registered
655 Posts
They make a baseplate that has a pinky extension on it. Works well.
made by Pearce Grip #PG-P10E
There is 1 on the bottom of the RIA in my Avatar pic

·
Registered
655 Posts
I need to modify mine, the OE baseplate has a hole for a dimple on the bottom of the spring plate to lock the baseplate in place and the Pearce does not. Otherwise, it is an ABS or polymer type plastic, not a flexible rubber. I hope that answers your question

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice!!!!!!
I love the feel of these Para’s, they just fit my hand perfectly, I’d like to find a P12 to go with my P14
Well not sure it is staying. Might be able to send a lot of it to you in the holster box :)

I am leaning on a commander slide for it, to mix it up a bit.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,044 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Another P-12 45 at the ready daily.

IMG_1853 (2).jpg

Reactions: Dwe

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The grip extension came today with a very nice and very cheap IWB holster. I was not expecting much for a brand new holster I got for $14 on eBay (I know they go for more retail) but this one fits perfectly and really makes the possibility of carrying this fatty daily a reality.
9CC5F256-00B4-4E18-8B1B-B970BEF0B019.jpeg
8056CA9E-8233-4776-8885-6A9B18C1E264.jpeg
31085D16-6D82-4137-A799-F23D61A97E81.jpeg
made by Pearce Grip #PG-P10E
There is 1 on the bottom of the RIA in my Avatar pic

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really starting to dig this gun. May throw out the commander slide option. I might replace the barrel and bushing (to do something) and refinish/recoat.

still very impressed with the tightness of this 30 year old gun

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
heavy round butt.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts