1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So maybe I'm in odd duck but lots of photos get posted here of guns and I quite often find myself studying the other contents of the photo. What else do you have on your work bench, desk, kitchen counter, bar or wherever you happen to store or dump the crap you've carried around or worn all day.

Anyways got me to thinking, what is some of your favorite gear, jackets, shoes, knives, bags, hammers, you get it whatever? The stuff you use a lot, love and will replace with the same if it ever wears out and would happily recommend to another Addict.

I got 3 I'd put on my list because everybody was asking....

IMG_20200229_1740353.jpg

IMG_20200229_1740432.jpg

The Shoes are Saloman X Ultra's, I love them because they have a quick lace system that 4 pairs ago I though might be a liability but haven't broke a pair yet. The Gore-Tex keeps my feet dry, Ortholite Insoles are comfortable and can handle 10 miles a day and keep my feet comfortable.

Socks are Merino wool Smartwool, I have a dozen or so pairs of these in various colors and flavors but can attest to the fact that my feet stay warm and dry in the very few cold days in Texas but cool in the far more hotter than hell days and they generally last at least a year in rotation. I'd compare these to Damn Tough socks but those don't wear as softly as these do and the heels wear out faster for me.

Last is the knife I carry probably the most, it's a SOG Mini-Xray Vision, it's got VG-10 steel and Zytel handle. It's far from the sharpest knife I own but at it's price I dig it because it's used for whatever I need without cause or concern of abusing it and it's held up well. The handle has just enough grips without snagging on my pocket when pulling it, the serrations are perfect for trimming my nails and it sharpens easily and quickly. It's a 3" blade and handles pretty much any daily take from cutting boxes, opening mail or dispatching a clumsy ketchup packet. Flips easily opened and closed one handed and the studs are just rounded enough as to not snag my thumbs after flicking repeatedly, undercut for index finger and jibbing for thumb are perfectly placed for my hand.

So what do ya got, favorite gear let's hear it?

·
just one more
656 Posts
upload_2020-2-29_19-16-11.jpeg
Possibly the best insole made? I haven't tried them all just many and these are the bees-knees. As good as a set up custom orthotics I paid 4x as much for.

upload_2020-2-29_19-18-56.jpeg
If I could only own one pen, the tactile turn glider is a strong contender, they have a newer version out now but I feel like it's be hard to improve on this one.
upload_2020-2-29_19-20-15.jpeg
Pricey and unnecessary unless you use them almost daily then the value is clear. The king of shears
upload_2020-2-29_19-22-38.jpeg
In my pocket more than any other. Add a deep carry clip and it's nearing perfect. crazy light <3oz, strong, good steel &3.25"blade is both very small just big enough to do most anything you should be w/ a pocket knife.
Horween shell cordovan in color #8, If it's made of leather and I can get it in this...well lets just say I'm very tempted.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
@Mtek my favorite thing about that pic is that few of the bottles seem to be full. Well done sir
I’d be ashamed if I panned out a bit, that’s probably 2/3 of the selection. A Yost build on these shelves cost-wise in whisky. I won’t ever not crack one open though, regardless of how rare. Whisky is meant for enjoyment.

@AGENT P Tac is 5 min away bud

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@N of 1 ....so the shears are carried tip up or am I looking at that wrong?

View attachment 427357 Pricey and unnecessary unless you use them almost daily then the value is clear. The king of shears
View attachment 427359 In my pocket more than any other. Add a deep carry clip and it's nearing perfect. crazy light <3oz, strong, good steel &3.25"blade is both very small just big enough to do most anything you should be w/ a pocket knife.

@Mtek, so I wouldn't get sh*t done in your office. :D

·
just one more
656 Posts
I carry the shears in a back pocket folded up.
They have a built in pocket clip you can see in this pic. Some guys use a plastic holster but I don't get the need or want the bulk.

Oh and love the ducs Mtek, mine's a monster, but I've always wanted to try one of their sport bikes. +1 on opening and enjoying whatever you drink, that's what it's for. Same with guns, I have a hard time imagining owning something I wouldn't shoot.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That makes more sense, didn't realize they folded, this makes more sense but then all my scissors have blunt tips;)

·
Banned
288 Posts
So maybe I'm in odd duck but lots of photos get posted here of guns and I quite often find myself studying the other contents of the photo. What else do you have on your work bench, desk, kitchen counter, bar or wherever you happen to store or dump the crap you've carried around or worn all day.

Anyways got me to thinking, what is some of your favorite gear, jackets, shoes, knives, bags, hammers, you get it whatever? The stuff you use a lot, love and will replace with the same if it ever wears out and would happily recommend to another Addict.

I got 3 I'd put on my list because everybody was asking....

View attachment 427299
View attachment 427303
The Shoes are Saloman X Ultra's, I love them because they have a quick lace system that 4 pairs ago I though might be a liability but haven't broke a pair yet. The Gore-Tex keeps my feet dry, Ortholite Insoles are comfortable and can handle 10 miles a day and keep my feet comfortable.

Socks are Merino wool Smartwool, I have a dozen or so pairs of these in various colors and flavors but can attest to the fact that my feet stay warm and dry in the very few cold days in Texas but cool in the far more hotter than hell days and they generally last at least a year in rotation. I'd compare these to Damn Tough socks but those don't wear as softly as these do and the heels wear out faster for me.

Last is the knife I carry probably the most, it's a SOG Mini-Xray Vision, it's got VG-10 steel and Zytel handle. It's far from the sharpest knife I own but at it's price I dig it because it's used for whatever I need without cause or concern of abusing it and it's held up well. The handle has just enough grips without snagging on my pocket when pulling it, the serrations are perfect for trimming my nails and it sharpens easily and quickly. It's a 3" blade and handles pretty much any daily take from cutting boxes, opening mail or dispatching a clumsy ketchup packet. Flips easily opened and closed one handed and the studs are just rounded enough as to not snag my thumbs after flicking repeatedly, undercut for index finger and jibbing for thumb are perfectly placed for my hand.

So what do ya got, favorite gear let's hear it?
Excellent change of pace.

Filson wool and work clothes.
Danner Rain Forest boots.
Zeiss binoculars.
Stetson hats.
Rolex watches.
Streule skis.
Kramer knives.
Gransfors Bruks axes.
Vintage French copper pans.
Hickory shirts.
USFS Pulaski.