1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, but not new to 1911s or guns in general. I've bought from the big box, local shops, buds, etc., but am still looking for a place that has great prices and quick turnaround. Where do you guys shop? CTD seems to charge a bit more than buds and the shipping kills you. I bought my TRP from www.threegunstore.com and was very happy with the experience. THey are a new store, so I'm still unsure how much I'm willing to buy from them.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm new here, but not new to 1911s or guns in general. I've bought from the big box, local shops, buds, etc., but am still looking for a place that has great prices and quick turnaround. Where do you guys shop? CTD seems to charge a bit more than buds and the shipping kills you. I bought my TRP from www.threegunstore.com and was very happy with the experience. THey are a new store, so I'm still unsure how much I'm willing to buy from them.
Right here :)
This is the only place I buy online, whether it's from members or our sponsors.

·
NRA Life Member
2,167 Posts
I've had good luck with Bud's, Grabagun and Ky. Gun Co. - I wouldn't buy so much as a piece of bubble gum from Cheaper Than Dirt or Lucky Gunner, both places price gouged during the ammo shortage and lost my business forever - I bad mouth both places every chance I get. If you're looking for ammo I suggest SG Ammo.

http://grabagun.com/
https://www.kygunco.com/
http://www.sgammo.com/

Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Also Palmetto State Armory. I know some have had issues back when they had some Credit Card info stolen, but I believe they fixed their security issues. They have good deals and I've always liked dealing with them.

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
this site has great sponsors and members to buy from

slickguns.com is good

grab a gun and shooters connection are great as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the feedback and site suggestions! I think there are probably a lot of great dealers out there that just can seem to rank with Google. I guess that's what these forums are for. Look forward to participating in the forum. Great site!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I shop online at SportsmansGuide a LOT. Mil surplus and ammo deals are hard to beat, especially when they offer free shipping. JOOMHO

·
Codename Duchess
3,775 Posts
AmmoSeek.com to check deals but it usually ends up being SGAmmo.com for pistol ammo and LAXammo.com for rifle ammo.

Palmetto State Armory for AR related stuff. I've gotten really good buys on mags + ammo combo deals. Picked up a M&P Shield for $300 also.

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
I've had good luck with Bud's as well. For bulk ammo it is usually LAX, SGAmmo, and Freedom Munitions. My next gun purchase, I intend to use one of the forum sponsors like Baltimore Best Pawn.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
I buy from here and certain dealers on gunbroker that I like. Otherwise just what I find locally.

And a hardy welcome to you sir!!

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,830 Posts
I buy here, there is more quality stuff concentrated in one place here than anywhere else. I also buy from Palmetto State, mostly ammo but I've gotten a few guns from them, Bud's as well. Gunbroker has deals but you usually have to hunt to find them, there's a lot of guns there you won't see anywhere else. But as of late, I think I've gotten the majority of my deals right here.

·
Pulling my hair.
28,132 Posts
Almost all my guns come from here. Ammo from Centerfire Systems as they are 20 minutes away and Wal-mart as they have some great sales at times. Plus a gun from somebody I might know at work who needs some money fast. hahahaha. Don't buy hot guns but every know and then somebody needs some money for something that popped up. Fine, new baby, etc...... Always offer to sell back if they want it though.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I just had the best on line purchase of all times and I have bought from several on line sources. Ordered a Dan Wesson Silverback on Friday afternoon from Tombstone Tactical, they shipped Saturday, I had it in my hands last night! Good price, no tax, no cc fees, free shipping.

·
Registered
410 Posts
From direct personal experience - stay away from CTD as noted above. They tried to rip people off in 2012 and did not care one bit about their customers.

Sportsmans Guide is OK. I've purchased some nice surplus pistols there.

CDNN out of Texas can be a good option as well - they have a nice website.

I'll look around here now that I'm on board and posting.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,087 Posts
fudge CTD. fudge them with an iron rod. fudge them with a stick of dynamite. fudge them with a sledgehammer dipped in AIDS. fudge fudge fudge fudge CTD. What they pulled after Sandyhook left a cat litter box full of turds taste in my mouth. Not a huge Palmetto State fan either as their customer service is horrible and I've had two bad experiences with them.
In other words, I hate them.
My list in order:
  1. Members on this forum. Buy used- most here only put around 500 through their pew-pews and you'll get a smoking deal.
  2. Baltimores Best Pawn- Dan runs a great shop and has some very competitive prices.
  3. Forum member Capt1911 (Cajun Concealed)- has some good selections and is good to deal with as well
  4. Buds-- couldn't tell you how many I've bought from them. Well over 10 over the years. Have had nothing but good success.
If your local gun store has something, and you can get within 8% or so of what it will cost you to buy online, keep the money local. Most smaller LGS will allow haggling. So, really, that would be my first choice. But, it can sometimes be hard to find the selections of pistols you're looking for locally.

Reactions: Babboonbobo

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
fudge CTD. fudge them with an iron rod. fudge them with a stick of dynamite. fudge them with a sledgehammer dipped in AIDS. fudge fudge fudge fudge CTD. What they pulled after Sandyhook left a cat litter box full of turds taste in my mouth. Not a huge Palmetto State fan either as their customer service is horrible and I've had two bad experiences with them.
In other words, I hate them.
My list in order:
  1. Members on this forum. Buy used- most here only put around 500 through their pew-pews and you'll get a smoking deal.
  2. Baltimores Best Pawn- Dan runs a great shop and has some very competitive prices.
  3. Forum member Capt1911 (Cajun Concealed)- has some good selections and is good to deal with as well
  4. Buds-- couldn't tell you how many I've bought from them. Well over 10 over the years. Have had nothing but good success.
If your local gun store has something, and you can get within 8% or so of what it will cost you to buy online, keep the money local. Most smaller LGS will allow haggling. So, really, that would be my first choice. But, it can sometimes be hard to find the selections of pistols you're looking for locally.
100% agree with buy local and used from forum members. I just did a purchase with Capt1911 and it went very well. Can not say enough good things about this group!

·
Deo Volente
7,445 Posts
I usually buy ammo from SG & Freedom Munitions. Firearms I usually buy from Gun Broker, Bud's, Tombstone Tactical, etc. I always check to see what kind of a deal that Dan at BBP, (Baltimore's Best Pawn) can put together.

Welcome From Western Colorado!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts