Favorite sights for 1911 carry?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by e1911, Jan 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. e1911

e1911 Member

Jan 24, 2016
    I have a DW Guardian 9mm and want to change the sights out to a plain black rear and hi viz front. What do you all recommend?

2. Fight islam Now

Fight islam Now Active Member

Mar 3, 2017
    I like fixed rear / gold bead front for my carry guns

gps man likes this.

3. e1911

e1911 Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Cool, which brand of sights are your favorite?

4. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    I prefer gold bead front and black U-notch rear, but I have some with black square notch rear and they're nearly as good. I like 10-8 rears, have a couple with 10-8 fronts and a few with custom fronts.

gps man likes this.
  5. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    Send your slide to Lou at Business End Customs for his black rear and white ball front sights. You won’t regret it

6. Jdb5324

Jdb5324 Active Member

Dec 23, 2018
    I'm a big fan of heinie straight eights cause there easily put on target fast

7. BigSkyGuy

BigSkyGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2018
    I also like the Straight 8's, but really REALLY like the XS standard dot! While not a target sight by any means, they are FAST, and I have no problems shooting groups at 25 yards with mine. I probably have 6 or 8 1911's set up with them.

I also have 2 of my EDC's set up with the XS BigDot. Nothing faster in my opinion!

Todd

8. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    I'll second that. I've got XS night sights on a bunch of mine. Fast combat sight. The night sights are great. If you don't want to install them yourself they will do it. Great customer service. Not Target sights there made to make a fast hit at combat ranges like 10-20 yards.

9. Dave Jessee

Dave Jessee Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    For me high visibility front is a Fiber Optic. I prefer a flat black rear. Dawson Precision makes good sights. I have some. My CZ's have Fiber Optic fronts with flat black rears from the CZ Custom Shop. I like the sights from the CZ Custom Shop better than those from Dawson Precision.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted