1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants a single stack 9mm for her carry gun, and she loves to shoot my 226/9 so, we're looking at a 225 or 239.

A friend let us borrow his 239/40 to shoot, even though the recoil will likely be more, but if she can shoot the .40 pretty well, things should only improve with a 9mm.

We will be shooting the 239/40 tomorrow.

These two guns are very similar in size, weight, so I'm assuming that the felt recoil between these two guns in 9mm would be pretty much identical, right? I don't understand why Sig has both of these models, considering they are so similar?

I want her to feel the grips on both, side by side in the store, and get the one that feels better to her, since we won't have the opportunity to shoot a 225. Any reason to pick one over the other (on paper)?

Thoughts comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yeah those two are very similar in size. I think the 40 would have quite a bit more felt recoil than the 9 in those little guns.

I'd pick the 225-a1 for the added 1oz, .1" height and looks a bit nicer to me.

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,791 Posts
I had a 239 in both and the 40 got adopted out very quickly. I prefer the 9mm by a large margin. I also prefer the grip shape of the 239 to the 225 but they're not all that different in actual shooting. The 239 might be easier to get mags for since it's been more available than the P6/225 platform. My 225 (not a -1) is currently on consignment while I decided to keep the 239.

Reactions: tac45

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Sig is out of mags for the 225, and I don't see any at Brownell's, Mecgar doesn't even list them....what's the deal??

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We shot the 239/40, and it was nice! Had I not known what caliber it was, I'd have sworn it was a 9. We went to a LGS, and looked at 22, 227, 239 & M11...she wanted the M11, so I got it for her (FDE model) yesterday. That evening we went to the range to test it out...

I feel that there is slightly more muzzle flip than with my 226/9, but she didn't think so; she loves shooting my 226, so it was interesting for her to say that the recoil felt the same as the slightly larger/heavier 226.

The SRT gave her some problems, but by the end of the session, she made good progress with the DA accuracy, and the DA-SA transition. She really likes the gun, and calls it "badass", which is awesome, coming from her!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts