FFL locations

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by GrandpoppyJack, Apr 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. GrandpoppyJack

GrandpoppyJack Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Hi Addicts.

Hoping you can clear something up regarding FFLs. When I go to Gunbroker their site shows 1 FFL transfer agent within 5 miles of my house. Auction Arms shows the closest is almost 60 miles away. People I work with say several of the local Pawn Shops are licensed FFL transfer agents (and say they have used them).

What’s the real deal on FFL transfer agents near me? Definitely want to be on the up and up when I purchase a firearm and have it transferred.

2. RMF308

RMF308 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2019
    I would contact your local friendly FFL dealer’s shop and ask them if they will accept transfers (in my area some will, some won’t). Nothing different with Gunbroker vs any out of state FFL in regards to the transfer process (following all Federal laws/regulations, and obey shipping services rules).

limbkiller and Babboonbobo like this.

3. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    You could google "FFL dealers near me", you could call these local pawn shops. Gunbroker & Auction Arms do not collate every existing FFL in your zip code.
    For a deep dive you can go to the ATF website.

4. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Any shop retailing guns in your area...has an FFL.

Like others said, not all 'shops' ...will allow guns to be transferred to them, especially if they sell the same gun ...and some charge more than others to do a transfer.

You just need to go and talk to some of your local shops....pawn shops, etc...and find one you can trust to handle it properly for you.

limbkiller likes this.
  5. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Not all FFL's are registered with Gunbroker, Auction Arms, etc. That doesn't mean that they are not an FFL. It just means that they haven't bothered to send a copy of their FFL license to that particular seller.

If there is a particular FFL that you want to work through, call them and ask if they'll transfer a shipment from whomever you're buying from.

Babboonbobo and Steve Owens like this.
  6. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    And if you have choices compare prices. I pay $15, but there is another shop a mile away that charges $40.

Steve Owens likes this.
  7. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Yep, call the individual ffl to ask. The one I use exclusively is becoming quite a friend and knows when he receives something different it’s for me;) you know brands you usually don’t see everyday!

8. GrandpoppyJack

GrandpoppyJack Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Thanks everyone. I’m looking through the classified section every day and am drooling over the Staccato C among others. Apparently I’m getting close to getting something new (or used).

9. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Definitely check on local FFL's before ordering. Ask their fee for a transfer. Also ask if they will accept a firearm from an individual. You never know when you may find a great deal from an individual who only wants to ship himself. I have three FFLs that help me with transfers but only one will accept shipment from an individual, kind of aggravating.

FWoo45, ZoidMeister and Babboonbobo like this.
  10. Novak77

Novak77 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2019
    As others have stated above, call all the FFLs in your area. Gunbrokers checkout doesn't show my preferred FFL on their website. Theres a few other FFLs I've used in the past who do show up on Gunbrokers checkout.

Just google FFL and go from there. Some don't like excepting shipments from out of state for whatever reason. I also always send a copy of the listing to my FFL before I bid. Additionally I live in CA, so I always check with the seller before I bid too.

FWoo45 likes this.
  11. GrandpoppyJack

GrandpoppyJack Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Great information. Thank you everyone.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted