close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FFL Mistakes

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by kuma, Sep 19, 2011.

1. kuma

kuma Member

Sep 1, 2011
    photo-12.jpg

photo-11.jpg

Heres the scales and the magwell.

Magwell is basically dented, FS scales were obviously hit with a ring...

Iphone doesnt do these mistakes justice I will take with better camera.

2. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Crap bro. Sorry to see this. :mad2:

3. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That is JACKED up. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

4. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    not good...not good at all...

5. Chris

Aug 17, 2011
    Paul, do you have a picture before you shipped it with a time stamp on it? Just a thought, even though it might not do any good for Kuma.

6. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I sent him pics right before it shipped, but I doubt they are timestamped.

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    That's a bummer.. Reminds me of my slide that was "Kimbered" by Dennis's gang.. Not a happy feeling.. Ron

8. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Depending on what you took it with, there should be exif data on it which would include date, time, camera used and settings

9. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/Quackzilla/Guns/?action=view&current=DSC_4563.jpg

if you click on the link, you wil see "Photo Info" on the right side of the page. if you click on the down arrow, it'll show the info of when the pic was taken.

Here's the info that one would see.

10. Chris

Aug 17, 2011
    Interesting. Never knew that.

I hope hokies camera is on the correct date. Might help Kuma out.

Good reason for me to set the correct date on my camera instead of ignoring it when I turn it on.

11. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
  12. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I don't have pics dated that show those areas he F'd up. My most recent pics (from a few weeks ago per Photobucket) were of the muzzle area, and the wear marks on the slidestop.

...and the most recent pics I sent him were from my iPhone, so no info stamp.

13. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    still should have the data as long as it's the original photo, if you post it somewhere else, save it and upload it to photobucket, the data may be stripped out. my Droid has the data when i upload it to photobucket

14. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    yep, it's in there and a good way to find the settings a person used when they took a photo if one was wondering how they took it.
    also on some camera's, you can add a comment, which is where i put the Copyright notice, which i have to change the year on mine.

15. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Only shows...

File Name: 337012f5.jpg (Edit)
    File Size: 45 kb - 764 x 1024
    Resolution: 764 x 1024

on the last iPhone one. Aside from that, the photos (a few weeks old) don't show the FS, MSH, or magwell.....all areas in question. FFL could claim that's how I sent it to him.

16. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    another reason why Droid > iPhone :tongue:

17. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Whatever helps you sleep at night bro. :thumb:

18. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    What's the FFL claiming happened?

19. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    He told him he rubbed his penis all over it, at least that is what the op stated.

20. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I believe the guy is stating that's the condition that I sent it in maybe. Not sure how he could claim that since Scott was there Friday when it came out of the packaging. I cleaned it the night before and brought it to my FFL the next day. I watched him box it up, slap a USPS label on it and stick it in his "going out" pile. This is the same FFL I have used for years to ship and receive several pistols and never once had any problems whatsoever with. So it arrived at Scott's FFL a few days later in the condition that I sent it. He was there, inspected it on Friday (I believe), then had to wait a few days for his ATF paperwork to clear. When he went in today to pick it up, it had a dink in the magwell, and several scratches on the FS, MSH, and trigger guard that weren't there Friday and sure as hell weren't there when I sent it. The guy claims one of his buddies came up to see the KC and they took it out of his safe and were fondling it in the shop.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted