1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

Please forgive my newbie question. I tried searching but my Google-fu did not turn up any answers.

The Wilson Combat Elite Professional https://www.wilsoncombat.com/elite-professional/ has the heavy-flanged barrel

So how is this fieldstripped? What are the takedown steps? Is a bent paperclip "thingy" required? Is there a video on youtube that walks through the process?

Thanks in advance!

·
Student of the Columbian Exchange
7,835 Posts
The Wilson Combat site has a FAQ section that allows you to download the owners manual which has pictures and text explaining the breakdown of these pistols.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Wilson Combat site has a FAQ section that allows you to download the owners manual which has pictures and text explaining the breakdown of these pistols.
Thanks! I should've thought of doing that. Doh! :)
The WC manual provides the specific instructions
upload_2019-2-4_11-6-59.png

upload_2019-2-4_11-7-50.png

upload_2019-2-4_11-8-16.png

Here is one of Wilson Combat's videos. They have others too that may assist you.
... and the video definitely helped me feel so much more comfortable connecting the steps together.

Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
On guard
1,562 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
5,800 Posts
Most people use the bent paperclip trick or a small allen wrench will work

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don’t use the tool or paper clip on any of my bushingless Wilson’s. Just pull the slide back, pop out the slide stop and then run the slide off the frame. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I don’t use the tool or paper clip on any of my bushingless Wilson’s. Just pull the slide back, pop out the slide stop and then run the slide off the frame. Easy peasy.
IMO this is how every 1911 should be field stripped regardless of bushing/bull barrel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts