Finally got a Colt

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by FWoo45, Dec 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    1991 government model, blued, 9mm. This has been a bit of a painful search for me here in komifornia. I had to go to a conference in Sacramento today so last night I got on Calguns and started searching. Found this one about halfway down there so I have a shorter drive in 10 days. I did pay a damn off roster premium. Oh well, the heart wants what it wants. She is destined for one of our fine Smith's benches and a .38 super barrel but more research needs to be done. I'm a little bummed that it's a series 80. Not because of anything other than I'm becoming more of a purist as my 1911 journey continues. I guess that can be remedied by whatever smith. Or not. Pics when I get her in my grubby little paws. As long as I do, the gun store we did the transfer at is under new ownership and the guy helping us acted like it was his first transfer. They were very busy and understaffed. Between the one guy that seemed to know what hes was doing, the seller, and myself we coached him through it but still. That always makes me nervous.

sparkyfender, Lou1, Doc45 and 6 others like this.
  2. Howe45acp

Howe45acp Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Congrats & Good luck with the build! Eveytime I’ve thought bout sending out a Colt for custom work, I end up changing my mind on which gun to send.

3. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Congrats!!
    Anytime that dude even stutters tell him he owes you a box of ammo!!:D

FWoo45 likes this.
  4. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    The seller sort of schooled him a bit. I guess he's been doing business there for a long time, mostly with the old owners. We backed away from the counter while the kid was typing crap up. He then put my gun back on the counter where some hood rats were paying for their range time. The seller went right up and grabbed it and before we left read him the riot act for that move. The seller was a bit overprotective in general though. Acted like it was a collector's piece, it's not, even here. I'm going to shoot the sh*t out of it. Was kind of funny though. Would hardly let the guys handle it. Those hood rats were a trip. One was fat but wearing a very tight white tshirt and sagging neon blue yoga pants. Some people's kids...

Kip likes this.
  5. wobblie

wobblie Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Don’t let the Series 80 stuff bother you, just enjoy.

What exactly are “hood rats?” It sounds like an unnecessarily derogatory description of fellow citizens and firearm enthusiasts.

6. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    Congrats and welcome to the Colt Club

The series 80s parts aren’t an issue unless you’re the uppity type ;)

7. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Hoodrats are people from the ghetto who are a bit unsavory. Wannabe gangsters if you will. The folks that aim handguns sideways, and wear their pants around their knees. Often driving upgraded vehicles without means to pay for it, while living with mom & dad or grandma &grandpa .

Cool find @FWoo45 !
    I'm headed to Sacramento tonight to see Metallica.

AJP and FWoo45 like this.
  8. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Hell yeah! That should be a great show!

9. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Congrats! On Monday I'm ordering a new Series 70 .45 Government blue. Going to keep it stock outside of swapping the wood grips for a set of stag-it'll be my "pseudo Longmire" pistol LOL. Been wanting a "plain Jane" 1911 for a while so I figured just grab one of these Colts.

Really just mostly a range gun but will see it's turn in the carry rotation after running a few rounds through it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    FWoo45 likes this.
  10. N of 1

N of 1 just one more

Nov 3, 2016
    The most startling part of this thread...metalica is still doing shows?!...

And congrats on the Colt, shooting the piss out of it will make you feel better about pretty much everything :)

11. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    20181208_011616.jpg
    Played a solid 2.5 hours. Not a bad venue either.

12. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Good for you man , everyone should own at least one Colt !

FWoo45 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted