1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wait...there are 1911's here???
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got it mounted. ;-)

I mounted my Millett 4-14x50 scope to my Mossberg Patriot .308 rifle. I also mounted my Harris bipod as well. Now to boresight the scope and zero it in. However, I also have a Colt LE6920MPS-B arriving tomorrow and I have an EOTech XPS2-0 to put on it, so I might as well wait and boresight both of them and zero them both in at the same time. ;-) I'm sure I'll post up pics of that one when I get it since it will be my first AR.

Anyway, here are pics of the Mossberg/Millett combo. Can't wait to hit the range with it!

Not the greatest pics, but it was dark outside by the time I was done. :(

Gun Linens Trigger Shotgun Air gun
Iron Musical instrument accessory Shotgun Optical instrument Machine gun
Cabinetry Iron Optical instrument Telescope Cupboard

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
You are going to need some lower rings and an adjustable cheek rest ( I can help there) I don't think you are going to get any sort of repeatable accuracy as high as the scope is setting as to your eye alignment to the scope reticle......Don't take this wrong but you will be a Bobble head.....In short your cheek bone is never going to rest on the stock with the scope that high.

Glass scope have what is called Parallax and without the seem cheek weld each and every time one position and the next could make the difference between a kill and a wounded animal. At longer distance could be a complete miss or hitting something you didn't intend to hit.

No more than a business card/maybe two of clearance between the barrel and the Objective Lens of the scope or so I have been trained.

Karsten

·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Karsten - Thanks for the info. I was originally going to try and get medium or high rings but on the packages it said that was only for 40-43mm objectives (I think it said 43). Only the extra high rings said 50mm objectives, so that's why I bought the extra high rings. I hope I can take them back. I think medium might be too short though. They are Blackhawk! Tactical 6 bolt rings. I got them at my local Cabelas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up taking the extra high rings back and swapped them out for the medium rings yesterday. It still puts the scope a bit above the barrel but it is much more managable and easier to get a consistent sight picture/alignment from it each time I shoulder it. Thanks for noticing and the suggestion. Funny because on the package it says up to a 40mm objective for the medium rings and I still have room on my 50mm to go even lower if I could. But these rings only go down to medium, so I am just going to leave them be for now.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts