1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been mulling it over for several months now. Hard for me to justify the cost, I know it won't improve my shooting skills proportional to the price tag. But at my age, I figure dangit, I can't take the money with me when I die but they may let me bring it to Heaven with me. In the meantime, it should be a pleasure to shoot in IDPA. Actual pics when it arrives.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
372 Posts
I felt the same way 3 years ago hopefully you will enjoy your Wilson as much as I do. My Wilson is pretty much my EDC
I've been mulling it over for several months now. Hard for me to justify the cost, I know it won't improve my shooting skills proportional to the price tag. But at my age, I figure dangit, I can't take the money with me when I die but they may let me bring it to Heaven with me. In the meantime, it should be a pleasure to shoot in IDPA. Actual pics when it arrives.

View attachment 866246

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats, best decision anyone can ever make .. to many rounds of smiles through it.

Is that CQB in the photo exactly how you spec’d it?
It is. I was looking for a competition pistol. Wanted one with a magwell and a FO front site. I was willing to add those parts on my Rock Island myself but really wanted one that came with those items stock.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great choice. Can’t wait to see the pics. Can you tease us with the specs ?
Full size Government
Carbon steel frame
3.5-4.5lb trigger
G10 starburst grips
contoured maxwell
rear battle site front fiber optic
guaranteed accuracy 1" at 25yds (they didn't guarantee I would get that)
and of course 45ACP!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well that is great! The long wait times currently are a bit tough to handle. I’ve got five weeks left on an ACW I ordered but I expect it to be delayed a month or so. I’m getting better at being patient
I looked long and hard at the ACW. I really like the grips. Only reason I didn't go that route was they don't currently have a mainspring housing/magwell to match it.
Hope you get yours soon. I'm sure it'll make your day!

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, Shadow Hawk, G21 and 19X
7,626 Posts
I think it was said earlier but life is truly to short and not guaranteed so buy what makes you happy. I told my wife I wanted all 27 dollars that will be left in my account to buried with me :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
Since this is your thread, I hope nobody here tries to rain on your parade. That WC you chose is a great gun and you will notice that with your first few shots. I have had the CQB in all three calibers and felt they were all well worth the money.
Wait for it to get here like a young kid waiting for Christmas morn.... and then take it out and shoot it with all the same big O'smile.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Full size Government
Carbon steel frame
3.5-4.5lb trigger
G10 starburst grips
contoured maxwell
rear battle site front fiber optic
guaranteed accuracy 1" at 25yds (they didn't guarantee I would get that)
and of course 45ACP!!
In the caliber intended for the 1911! Congrats on a fine choice, OP. I’ve always drooled over the murdered black look of a WC CQB

·
Registered
88 Posts

Congrats on taking the leap, that's a very nice Wilson. I'm where you've been...I've been wrangling over a purchase for a while now. I've even decided on a specific ACW, but I still haven't placed the order. I'm literally the only thing standing in my way.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

View attachment 866246
That’s the one I would’ve got also… CQB.. great for IPSC and 3GUN👍

1 - 20 of 28 Posts