1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After months of waiting the original build time for my SS Classic .38 superb. I got to enjoy it for 1 day before its return to the birthing ground. Some omitted detailing had to be finished. My other concern was that it arrived with a "new design" slide logo. WTH!!! was my initial reaction.
"That isn't what I was expecting......... or wanted!!"
After talking to Bob Reeves about my disappointment he was able to initiate a proper fix. They removed very minimum material and retrieve the program for machining the old logo. (my opiniion, the better logo)
So to you Bob... my sincere appreciation.

You've all seen SS Classic pics, but they never get old. These are from today along with one previous that shows the new logo design :)rage:)
The last pic is with the shoes that's been waiting for today.*** Mastadon***

(old logo left, new design .080 dia. smaller right) V V V V V

IMG_3293 (2).jpg

@TheWichitaGunClub
IMG_3410 (2).jpg
IMG_3411 (2).jpg
IMG_3412 (2).jpg
IMG_3415 (2).jpg
IMG_3416 (2).jpg

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Looks great, and the grips look good also.

Reactions: TheCollector

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Admittedly I was not aware of this change in logo. When did they start this and why does it not appear centered in that picture?

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Admittedly I was not aware of this change in logo. When did they start this and why does it not appear centered in that picture?
My questions as well.... just glad Bob helped me get what I wanted. (and thought I was getting)
Perhaps additional feedback to them would help them see that change isn't always good.

Reactions: JM44 and Mtek

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
My questions as well.... just glad Bob helped me get what I wanted. (and thought I was getting)
Perhaps additional feedback to them would help them see that change isn't always good.
Just when I thought I was done with my build sheets, now I have to go bother him about this...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
@JM44 I don’t think Bob will be bothered, he’s awesome with customer satisfaction. I think it’s important to get what you want, I didn’t want to wait for a build and have the “NHC” script, the Hawk logo is way better in my opinion. Lesson learned for me.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Love the look of the Classic. I have a little sister to yours....9mm :) Like it so much I am considering another but in 38 Super and finished in DLC. Checked my Moon Hawk slide logo and it appears to be the older one.
Sorry for the picture quality
IMG_0319.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love the look of the Classic. I have a little sister to yours....9mm :) Like it so much I am considering another but in 38 Super and finished in DLC. Checked my Moon Hawk slide logo and it appears to be the older one.
Sorry for the picture quality
View attachment 394865
Sorry... but its the newer one.. compare the pics and where it is in relationship to the thumb safety notch.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Sorry I misread. Happy with mine and this being my first NH I didn't notice.
Color me dumb

Reactions: Mtek

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry I misread. Happy with mine and this being my first NH I didn't notice.
Color me dumb
Buying a NH proves you are not dumb... being happy with what you have is all that one could or should hope for.... its all personal preference.... no wrong or right choices here.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,277 Posts
Good to see they stayed with you and got it done.
Bobs good people.

Congrats!
Beautiful flame thrower ya got there!

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice. Do we know what prompted the new logo? I prefer the old logo as well.
I have no idea... but I doubt it was done because of market (previous customer) survey.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts