1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, looking for someone who'd be willing to finish ream and throat the barrel on a new 1911 I'm picking up today. I don't have a finish reamer or a dremel and I've also never used either of them before so I'd rather not screw something up.

Would be happy to pay via paypal F&F, venmo, or USPS money order and I'd be happy to throw in 300 (+ some change) of my range pickup large primer 45 acp brass as a bonus to pay it forward for the generosity of the community here - I have a feeling one of yall could use the brass more than me. Let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Hey folks, looking for someone who'd be willing to finish ream and throat the barrel on a new 1911 I'm picking up today. I don't have a finish reamer or a dremel and I've also never used either of them before so I'd rather not screw something up.

Would be happy to pay via paypal F&F, venmo, or USPS money order and I'd be happy to throw in 300 (+ some change) of my range pickup large primer 45 acp brass as a bonus to pay it forward - I have a feeling one of yall could use the brass more than me. Let me know, thanks!
Just for my education. Why do you believe the new barrel needs to be finished reamed?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’d leave it alone, 99% chance it’s already way over cut already as far as length goes. Does a new round drop in the chamber? Then you’re good to go if it does.
I'll check it out once I have it in my hands!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
5,803 Posts
shoot it first, I mean, why not?

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
I’d leave it alone, 99% chance it’s already way over cut already as far as length goes. Does a new round drop in the chamber? Then you’re good to go if it does.
I have an ‘86 Springfield with the original barrel in it still that was really short chambered and rounds would stick. But I have not seen any current production Springfield with short chambers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts