Finished my new HD rifle build

Discussion in 'AR Forum' started by B81, Jan 6, 2019.

1. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I finally finished my HD rifle build.

20190106_181621.jpg

The upper is an Aero Precision with 16 inch Ballistic Advantage Hanson Barrel (5.56), Midwest Industries lightweight handguard, and generic A2 flash hider.

The lower is an Aero Precision M4E1 Enhanced with 2 stage Geissele SSA-E trigger, Geissele parts kit, BCM grip, and Mission First Tactical butt stock.

The sighting system is a Holosun HS510C with Magpul MBUS backup sights.

The weapon light is a Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 1.

In retrospect, I probably should have gone with a single stage trigger. For home defense, faster reset is more important than precision. I'll probably swap the trigger out later.

I really like the 6 o'clock light mount. I know it's not super fashionable these days, but it works for me. The light is far enough forward that I don't get any barrel shadow, and shooting around obstacles (e.g. doorways) is more important for my application than shooting over barricades.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  2. Heretical45

Heretical45 Lurker 4 life

Nov 3, 2011
    Good looking build. I use ALG act triggers in my HD builds with mil-spec springs. I figure under duress a few lb heavier pull but having positive primer strikes is what I am after.

Nothing wrong with a 6 o clock light if that's the set up for cover in your house. Mine runs at the 3 o clock for going around the doors in my house.

PewPewPtwang likes this.

3. TRoller

TRoller Active Member

Mar 27, 2018
    Very nice rifle. Almost the same build I have going except pencil barrel, CTR stock, HS515c, and padded Blue Force sling.

Yours should serve you well!

PewPewPtwang likes this.
  4. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    Looks great and well suited for its purpose

PewPewPtwang likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted