Firearm Shipping Question - Seller in Florida

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by WhoIsJohnGalt?, Mar 3, 2019.

1. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    Greetings, all. This will be a question for our Florida members and / or those of you who may have made a purchase from a person in FL.

I’m working on a handgun deal (via another forum) and the seller is in FL, specifically the Ft Meyers area. He’s indicated that he’s having a problem finding a local FFL holder to ship a gun out of state without first holding the gun for 30 days. Is this a “thing” in FL? I suspect it’s maybe a dealer-specific policy. The seller admits that it’s been a very long time since he’s shipped a firearm and that there are other dealers he will be checking with tomorrow - he hasn’t been able to check with many being that today is Sunday.

Just thought I’d ask our august body of members for input - many thanks!

2. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Seems like an FFL who has only done pawn business.

WhoIsJohnGalt? and Haroldg48 like this.

3. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Sounds like a pawn shop policy to me. He should be able to ship it to your FFL directly unless your guy has a policy about only accepting firearms from another FFL

WhoIsJohnGalt? likes this.
  4. WhoIsJohnGalt?

Feb 20, 2018
  5. ILED93

ILED93 Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    I bought a gun off of GB from a seller in FL last year. The seller's FFL shipped it to mine as soon as the USPS money order I sent as payment was received.

6. FredZ

FredZ Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 7, 2017
    I live in Florida and occasionally run into a situation where a previous owner gun needs to stay in the possession of the broker for a period of time to check to see if the gun has a clean background record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. FredZ

FredZ Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 7, 2017
    If your purchasing from a private party any FFL should be able to do the transfer no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. WhoIsJohnGalt?

Feb 20, 2018
  9. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Tell him to try Shoot Straight in Ft. Myers. I’ve dealt with the West Palm store without problems.

Mike0251 and Slapshot like this.
  10. WhoIsJohnGalt?

Feb 20, 2018
    ^ that’s exactly what he did - unfortunately, I’ve had to back out of the deal on my end due to a new demand on the dollars. Ugh. But, thanks to all for the input here.

11. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    If you believe in karma then it’s just not meant to be. Thank God and carry on.
    Change what you know you can and accept that of which you can not.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted