1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at options to build a couple of guns walls. One will be in a storage room for antique/C&R rifles that are examples of USMC Infantry rifles from the Revolution to the current M16A4.

Second gun wall will be in the master closet. It will hold a couple of rifles vertically, two SBRs horizontally plus five pistols and storage bins/shelves for magazine and other miscellaneous storage.

I'm looking at SecureIT and GallowTech for their wall systems and wondering if anyone has used their gun wall products themselves or has reviews of other companies offering similar products.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,453 Posts
https://tacticalwalls.com/shop/

Owned their stuff in the past and was very pleased with it. Had to leave it at the old home when we moved (have to assume the new owner has no idea it's there), but the drop down shelf was great. I've seen, never used, their sliding glass mirrors and they were built very well, too. And, not hard to install.

Reactions: Journeyman1234

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,453 Posts
Interesting option. I like their modular walls. Not many options for storing rifles vertically but like the look.
I thought you were looking for something like this that Tactical Walls offers:
Wood Flowerpot Hardwood Houseplant Rectangle

It's modular, so you could set it up for two SBRs.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not too concerned about concealing the weapons inside the master bedroom closet. I'll upgrade the door/lock to improve the security getting in to the closet.

I did find a four gun vertical rack that might work.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GallowTech seems to be an easier install option. Relies on a hanger bar that the panels hook to. The SecureIT are just panels and they recommend you install them on a plywood base layer. The dimensions of the panels are 17.25" wide, which seems odd assuming studs being 16" on center. Tactical Walls modular panels are 48" wide and sized for 16" on center.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I've used peg board in the past, covered the metal hooks in plastic tube, Painted the board black and had white outline where the guns went.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.