1911 Firearm Addicts banner

First 2011 in the 3-4k range?

4K views 45 replies 35 participants last post by  westpat75 
#1 ·
If you knew nothing at all about the 2011 platform, had a $3500 budget and wanted to get something you’re not going to end up “graduating” from, What pistol are you buying and why? Looking to start a 2011 collection but don’t want to start with a Springfield Pr

#5 ·
It depends on your intended use.

I you want a range gun that is more fun to shoot than you can imagine......the full sized steel-framed compensated models with great triggers are amazing. A Staccato XC would nail it down tight for you. Granted....it would be a slight bit north of your price range.

I went with a different brand of full-sized comped 2011 and it is crazy fun.

My first 2011 was a steel-framed P. It is a freaking stud of a pistol. Smooth as silk, accurate, fast to recover. It offers some versatility, too. You can remove the magwell and shrink the footprint ever so slightly for IWB carry. Smaller grip module or a modified version of the existing module could really get the carry comfort quotient boosted.

Conversely, a heavier grip frame module could be awesome for range work, too.

The P truly is an exceptional weapon. It would leave you a pile of headroom for ammo & optic.....you'll need piles of the former and likely appreciate the latter. 👍

C2 carries really well and has a lot going for it....but I'd start with the the P or XC.

#7 ·
#33 ·
What I like about the ACW 2011 is how it looks the most like a 1911. Couple of times I’ve thought I was looking at a 1911 when it was their 2011’s. I prefer the look of the old more traditional STI and this style grip as opposed to the newer Staccato style grips.

This gun is awesome btw!

#13 ·
Another vote for the Staccato P. If you buy new and outfit it nicely w/ the DLC threaded bbl and Tac grip, you'll be just north of 3k once you put a plate and optic on it, but you'll still have some $$ for a comp and a can. I can't think of a better way of dipping your toe into the 2011 pool, while still giving yourself a ton of versatility w/ a single pistol.

#21 ·
I would vote for either a used XC or a new P. I was recently in your shoes on trying to decide on a do it all (range, night stand gun) and ended up with a new XC. I just picked it up today and ran a quick 100 rounds though it and I’m in love with how it shoots. I think the P would be a great 1st 2011 for your price. I also liked the Alchemy HiCap, but they’re hard to find under $4000 if you’re looking for optic ready, and you don’t seem to see them used much. Only found 2 new ones and they were going to be over $4K shipped and that was without optic cut.

#24 ·
A lot of great suggestions here. I think it’ll be hard to go wrong with any. Between the Wilson and Stacato, I’d lean towards the latter. Though I haven’t shot the ACW double stack, I’d take a chance based on the performance of the single stacks. The flier to me is the Guncrafter. I have not fired their double stack, but their singles are simply fantastic. Different in style than ACW but not less. If you have the opportunity to try them all first, that would be your best bet. If I had to go with just one, based on the performance I’d go Stacato.

#27 · (Edited)
Having owned or shot almost all of the above mentioned pistols, my vote goes to the Alchemy Quantico Hicap if you are wanted a carry/defense/serious use pistol. It's simply the best in that category. I carry mine regularly and it's a dream. Lights out accurate, was able to hit a bowling pin at 100 yards off hand on my first shot, and again on my third. Got it on video if anyone is curious.

For a hi speed range/competition gun, my STI Omni / XC is the flattest and fastest shooting production pistol I have ever handled. It's wild.

#29 ·
LOL...OP, I'm in the same spot. I chose the Staccato C2. I just ordered it last week. I went with the basic C2, optic ready, Holoson 407K. I'll see how it goes when I get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.