So far so good. Well, mostly anyway. The magwell showed up in some very nice packaging, along with some instructions for fitting. I glanced through the instructions, but then put them aside and grabbed my calipers and started measuring stuff. First thing I decided to tackle was machining for the MSH. I made a little fixture plate that would hold the frame and fit in my milling machine vise as I know it is setup properly. Things were going well, when I got to almost done. Measured the amount of the MSH still sticking up above the frame, measured the distance from the pin hole in the MSH to the bottom of the housing, checked everything twice, and made the final cut. Dropped the MSH (Stan says it's oversized, but it dropped right into the Kimber frame and is even slightly loose) into the frame and nothing had changed. What the heck?!? Started checking everything and discovered that the little side rails on the MSH are too long for the slots in the frame, causing a wedge fit prior to the MSH bottoming out on the frame webbing. So my measurements were not what I thought they were. Uh-oh! Took a little off the top of the rails on the MSH and it dropped right in. But just a bit too far. My wife came out to the garage to see what all the Bad Language was about. It's fixable with a slightly larger pin that I'll make and a bit of hand work. I've been down this road before. But I'm going to have a few thousandths gap between the inside of the MSH and the frame where I milled it. It won't affect functionality in the slightest, and unless you hold the pistol right, most won't even see it. But I know it's there and to say that I'm not happy right now would be an understatement. I briefly considered throwing the frame away and starting over, but I calmed down a bit and decided to continue on. I'm happy to say that the milling of 0.3" off the bottom of the frame went without a hitch. So at least something has gone right. And the grips that I had milled to fit the other magwell I made are about 0.100" too long for the new mag funnel which means I get to re-fit and re-use them. The next step will be for me to dust off some old brain cells and try to remember how to solder... I took a few pics of my progress so far.