First CZ

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Baldwin, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Baldwin

Baldwin Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    I have been wanting a CZ for a good while. I picked this one up from my FFL guy last night. Hope to start breaking it in today.

CZ Shadow 2.jpg

cgff, Mini Me, Dave Jessee and 7 others like this.
  2. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Very nice. I purchased one of those recently. Really a fun gun. Enjoy!

3. tgoldie00

tgoldie00 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Well....you began your CZ journey with a REALLY good one! Of the pistols I sold/traded in the last year or so, that's the one (Shadow 2) that I really regret trading. If you end up liking that one, and want a similar trigger/action in a carry version, check out the Shadow Line Compact (rare but not impossible to find. Usually one small run annually). Essentially it is a Shadow 2 trigger in a P-01 (compact) form factor, with an aluminum rained frame.

I only mention that because once you start this CZ journey...you may never see how deep the rabbit hole goes....

cgff and boatdoc like this.
  4. Baldwin

Feb 16, 2018
    I'm an old guy who is pretty new to handguns. I feel like I've got a lot of ground to make up and don't know how much time I have to do it (LOL). I'm already well on my way down the 1911 rabbit hole but I do want to experience other platforms/types/brands of handguns. I've had Glocks (still have a G19) and actually sold my two Sigs to finance the CZ. The Sigs are fine weapons and I enjoyed them but I've decided that I don't want more guns than I can shoot. I don't see me having any safe queens. Plus, the wife is keeping a close eye on my handgun inventory.:happy::happy:

Gafanhao and boatdoc like this.
  5. tgoldie00

tgoldie00 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2018
    I know the feeling. The good news is that once you have a few platforms, they all "start to look alike." That's when mine started to multiply more rapidly.....

Enjoy the Shadow 2!

Gafanhao likes this.
  6. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Baldwin

you will w ant more of them. If she doe s not shoot, try to get her to. also reason with the MRS that you have sacrificed a lot and asked for so little over the years that you DESERVE the pleasure of owning and shooting some fine guns. I deny my MRS NOTHING and in return I expect to be able to buy and enjoy guns. Besides, she is now a LB fangirl so that doe s help. I have picked out several models that are hers to play with...and she is very good witht hem--better than me since my hand surgery anyway

I LOVE CZs. Next to my 1911 addiction, my CZ addiction is strong and costly. You can customize them like you would a 1911. especially the action. if you like this gun.. and you will. you would love it with a better action.

I am trying to get Steve Owens to do some action work on my fav cz guns. Cajun GW offers the kind of parts that take these guns to the next level

enjoy the ride.

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    I'm in for the range report. My CZ experience is limited to one CZ75 high polished, and a Scorpion carbine, but they have both shot very well, and most CZ owners have always had great reports to share on their purchases.
    Awesome gun, and I wish you luck with it!

8. WoodrowAugustus

WoodrowAugustus Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Oh boy, you are in trouble now. There's something curious about CZs that causes them to reproduce inside your safe like rabbits. And they have these offspring called CZC and CGW and Shadows and Bull Shadows.

Have fun taking her to the range and bring more ammo than you think you'll need.

boatdoc likes this.
  9. Baldwin

Feb 16, 2018
    Actually, the wife is pretty tolerant of my handgun addiction but I appreciate the advice. And I think I've got her close to taking up shooting.

There aren't any gun stores close to me that stock CZs. I know it sounds crazy but this S2 is the first one I've actually touched. And boy does it feel good! I think I'm going to really like the trigger. I recently joined a CZ forum and have noticed that Steve is well thought of over there.

boatdoc likes this.
  10. WoodrowAugustus

WoodrowAugustus Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Which forum?

Brian Enos forum has a CZ section under Factory Pistols that is very helpful.

11. RIS

RIS Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2019
    I used to be all about HK and Sig until I shot my first CZ. I bought a P09 and the Cajun Gunworks Pro upgrade kit and installed it myself. The already decent trigger is now excellent and the low bore axis makes for a fast and accurate gun. Have fun with it

12. Baldwin

Feb 16, 2018
    The Original CZ Forum
    I lurk a good bit on the Brian Enos forum as well.

13. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    if you like the s2 trigger--wait until you try a aczc or cajun GW gun( and you will in time I am sure)

enjoy

14. Baldwin

Feb 16, 2018
    I got the extended thumb safety installed and went out to my backyard range to shoot a few rounds. Wow! I went through 150 rounds in record time. I would take aim, think squeeze, and it would just keep shooting until I made it stop or emptied the mag. All the rounds were my reloads in 115gr. RN. Half of them were plated and the other half coated. They all went through the S2 without a hiccup. I've heard CGW (and a couple of others) can work wonders with the trigger, but out of the box it's great. It's almost like a 1911 trigger. The gun is very accurate. Sounds funny, but my bad shots were better, if that makes sense. I had a tendency to aim the S2 high. Had to consciously lower the muzzle. But that is going to be easy to get used to. I'm going to have a lot of fun with the Shadow 2.

Dave Jessee likes this.
  15. cdhbrad

cdhbrad Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2011
    CGW Family Photo.JPG
    Not to take away from Steves talent with a 1911, but why don’t you just send your CZ to CGW?? David and Scott work magic with CZs. I have four Cajunized CZs that are awesome shooters. The three two tones are done by CGW. The CZ Custom Accu-Shadow has made a trip to CGW for an optics cut on the slide.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Dave Jessee likes this.
  16. Dave Jessee

Dave Jessee Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    CZ's are also my second addiction to 1911's. CZ's do everything very well. No LGS sells CZ's in my area but the reviews so high on them I bought a new one on Gunbroker. Within six months I bought my second one.

17. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    What’s this thread without more pics. Behold!! My cz collection:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Oh wait!! Where did the DW come from?! Hey, DW is owned by CZ so I’m counting this in both catagory’s.

I’m glad you are enjoying that shadow 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted