1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went years ago to buy my first handgun. Planned on getting a Ruger P85. They were pretty inexpensive. And I didnt know anything back then.

I saw a Colt while browsing, and had to have it. But wasnt really a 1911. Was a double eagle.

Shot it in a class years later. Poorly. So sold it off.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
First gun was a P228R, rare combo, Sig slapped some P228 slides in P229 frames. Really regret selling it I just never got along with it like my P226.

First 1911 was a TRP, also sold and I went 1911less for a few years.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My first gun was back in the 80's a toss up between a S&W 686 or a Colt King Cobra. I took the King Cobra.

Everyone who has shot the Colt asks who did the trigger, it is stock. It is a keeper.

My first 1911 was a Kimber Custom just after they moved to Yonkers. A great gun for short money back then. Also never leaving the herd.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Eyewear Brown Line Amber Orange

First Gun was a Sears-Ted Williams/Winchester Model 3T. Christmas gift when I was 12 years old. I still have her.

Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger White

First handgun was Ruger P89. Just like @usmcdjb said, "it was inexpensive and I didn't know anything back then." Took my CHL class with it back in 1995 and quickly sold it because it weighed a ton and was a beast to try and carry.

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

First 1911 was this Kimber Eclipse Custom II. I just had to have a Kimber. Still have her.

Reactions: KS95B40

·
Registered
646 Posts
First gun I ever bought was a Taurus PT99AF. (“Brazilian Beretta”).That was probably 35 years ago when they really were Brazilian Berrettas.

First 1911 was a Springfield Stainless “Loaded” in about 2004. I had some work done by Alchemy a few years ago. Still have it. Still my favorite out of all the guns I own.

·
Registered
336 Posts
First handgun was a Ruger P89 back in 2000 (gave it to my dad a couple years ago to use for home defense). Shot it a couple times at my parent's house and then stuck it in a closet and forgot about it. 10 years later a couple coworkers drug me out to the range. One of them let me shoot his Kimber Custom II and I fell in love with the 1911 platform. Shortly after that I bought my first 1911, a black & stainless Springfield Loaded "Combat" model, which I still have. That began the addiction, not just to 1911's but handguns in general.

·
Registered
388 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.