First outing with EDC X9

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by DukeSoprano, Nov 2, 2018.

1. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

Well.....it ate every reload and factory ammo I have.

Dead on at 21 feet
    [​IMG]

But i can't hit the side of a barn @ 75 feet

My full size 9mm X Tac is great at 75 feet
    [​IMG]

So this leads me to a question, at what distance do you shoot to compare at?

My buddy and I seem to always shoot @ 30 feet which I assume the EDC could hold its own against the X-Tac, especially if I change the front sight to the green fiber. But once I started playing with the X-Tac @ 75 feet it spoiled me

I did order the large back strap to replace the small one, it did not have enough room for my paws.

ronin11 and Dwe like this.
  2. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    Betting that’s more ammo or shooter related than pistol.
    Using handloads I had no problem hitting a 6” target at 25 meters. Was it 1 MOA? No, but I’m impressed by its accuracy.
    Also, at 25 I was using a bag to make sure to get max accuracy

3. apipeguy

apipeguy Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2014
    It certainly took me a while to learn the X9. It was not the gun, it was me. Give it some time and it will shoot as well as any gun. The sights, being battle sights are not as precise at distance as a conventional target sight but more than adequate. I found the wider rounded trigger to be what took some getting used too.

I think this is why many sell them and blame the gun, when in reality it is the shooter.

Give it and you some time and I think you will find that it truly is a fantastic carry gun.

After I got used to it I have been shooting at a 3” plate at 25 yards standing no support, not hitting every time but quite often and an 8” plate is no issue.

ronin11, Mike Meints and Dwe like this.
  4. pscipio03

Mar 11, 2013
    Admittingly I did not like mine at first. Regretted the purchase and almost sold it. Put another 200 through it and I’ve ordered an appendix rig for it from JM Custom to take the place of my G19.

5. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013
    I just figured out mine came with a replacement green fiber optic sight in the bag

6. pscipio03

Mar 11, 2013
    Replaced mine with a gold bead which helped as well

dstallguy likes this.
  7. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    This info is good to know, I’m still waiting on mine. I can’t wait and really only bought it because I just can’t seem to bring myself to buy a Glock 19

As a quick side note I like to shoot at orange shotgun clays tossed up on the back stop hill of the 50m range at my gun club.

Mike Meints and DukeSoprano like this.
  8. Hawker7

Hawker7 Member

Sep 20, 2017
    I normally shoot 25 and 50 yards. My EDC X9 was able to hold the black at 50 yards on a NRA B6 target offhand almost as well as my Bullseye pistols.

9. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Beautiful handgun. I'm not sure why people feel they need to be able to shoot tight groups at "75 feet" since if you ever actually had to do that in real life, it better either be the zombie apocalypse or you better have pretty fine legal representation, in which case your handgun would be entered as evidence for however long it takes for you to go to trial, hopefully not convicted at the end of the process.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted