close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First thoughts on Guncrafter No Name!

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by SkDmRkLcY, Sep 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Ignore the Bobtail Grips)

I have not got it to the range yet so this is just my initial thoughts and some initial pics so I do not get yelled at.

First the Melonite finish is beyond great, it looks great and is very business like. The hammer is not even all that worn at all, and while I doubt the round count is all that much, in comparison my Kimbers painted hammer has already worn silver on the face in 250 rounds.

The fit of all the parts is great can not find a single flaw, and I am anal retentive about that stuff. I really like the flush cut barrel that this one has as well which is a bonus as I didn't know about it at the time of acquisition. It is fit tight but not super tight, everything can be moved and worked by hand with normal effort. The slide feels very nice and smooth. The trigger feels very good and very crisp, I would guess someplace between 3 and 4 pounds.

(Here is a link to a bad pic of the Flush Cut Barrel... the battery died. HERE)

I have already ordered a few things for it that should be here later this week. Mostly a Harrison Long Trigger to attempt my first ever trigger change. I also ordered some Harrison Carry Grips to try out but they are going to end up on something else, but I am sure I will use them to replace the Shedder XS BT grips till I can get my hands on another non BT set.

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Nice looking pistol.. and for $1500 a steal.. ;)Ron

3. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Where in the world is everyone getting $1500... that is just what Trent keeps offering me.. you will notice I have not taken it. :p

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    It just sounded like a good number and the grips look a little weird... But I could be mistaken.. LOL.. noR

5. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Well at current they are BT grips on a standard frame :p plus the color as Larry Davidson calls it is Black and 2x2 Tan. I also found out with the XS they are thicker in back than front, which helps fill up the hand, something Larry designed for Wiley Clapps specs, and I guess Alex from Guncrafter likes as well. I have to agree, if I can not procure some OEM grips, I am gust going to have Larry make me a set in all Black.

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I was just razzing ya.. I actually love those grips and was picking on ya about them being bobtail.. Cheers. Ron

PS: Are they slim's

7. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    A little thicker than normal actually at the back and about like thins at the front, I like thins but just do not shoot well with them.

Here is a pic of the shape, this is not the shredders XS but best pic I could find to show the profile:
    [​IMG]

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    The Wiley Clapp shape as you mentioned. I sort-a like that shape. I like slims (and smooth) on my carry pistols, but I wouldn't say I shoot them as well either. I shoot them as well on the first shot, but my accuracy degrades faster beyond there.. Ron

9. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after shooting it. I think you'll enjoy it. :thumb:

Andy

10. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I am sure I will, it may be a week or so but I will post when I do.

11. matthew03

matthew03 Member

Sep 24, 2011
    I have to tell you, the No Name is at the tippy top of my must have/future acquisition list.

12. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Do they put a standard bushing on the pistol? Yours looks like a heavier duty bushing than most I've seen..A nice pistol nonetheless, seems very well made!

13. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Jess can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure GCI uses EGW Carry Bevel bushing and spring plug.

14. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    I like the look of that gun, definitely will look good with regular grips :)

15. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I got my package from Brownells today so I couldn't help myself and went to town.

I replaced the trigger with a Harrison Extreme Duty Long Trigger, also went ahead and replaced the mag catch lock and recoil spring. Must just because I was placing an order. I also put on a set of the Harrison Carry Groove grips on it and it looks great, but I am probably going to move them to my Kimber when my normal Shredders come in.

I will see if I can get some pictures of it up sometime tonight.

16. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
  17. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Sweet gun, congrats :thumb:

18. carguy2244

carguy2244 Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Congratulations - great weapon.

19. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Crappy pic with new Trigger and Grips:
    [​IMG]

20. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    That is super duper sweet looking man... How did the trigger install go for you? How oversize was the Harrison trigger?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted