1911 Firearm Addicts banner

First time having a really AWFUL gunbroker experience....

4K views 79 replies 56 participants last post by  39289 
#1 · (Edited)
So, I won a GB auction today using the BIN feature. I had been texting with the seller, and as soon as I won, he starts telling me he thinks the package is worth WAY more than his own BIN price, and says he's gonna cancel the deal because he wants to try and get more money. My freaking JAW DROPPED.

I was under the impression a seller couldn't just DO that..

But guess what? I go to check the transaction page... it says CANCELED.

This is why man..... this is why everybody HATES gunbroker. I submitted my complaint and my screenshots where he says he's just gonna refuse the whole deal because he's decided he wants more money, but I'm sure nothing will come of it, doubt I will ever hear back anything.

For those interested, his SN is MHSEARS1 / real name Mark Sears. Posting his contact info would be over the line, but man, I hope all you addicts pay attention and stay clear of this one at least.

#3 ·
The article you linked, is about the buyer not the seller..

#9 ·
Fixed

I would report him anyway and leave feedback if possible
Oh I did, but GB will do nothing.... and what stops him from just giving ME negative FB and saying anything he likes? "I canceled this deal because the buyer demanded pictures of my wife's behind!" .... or any old outlandish lie he chooses?

I've got it saved in writing via text him admitting EXACTLY why he did it, but will it do me any good? Doubtful.

#15 · (Edited)
Yeah... I can be a real azz... (so says Mrs.C.)

I went to one of his other products and asked him a pretty simple question.

"How does it feel to be a newer seller here and have your lack of integrity brought forward on one of the largest gun forums on the web?
You post a buy it price... a buyer buys it...... and you F ing cancel the deal. Yeah... you're name is pretty much shyt on the forum now. Good luck with that."

#17 ·
I went to one of his other products and asked him a pretty simple question.

"How does it feel to be a newer seller here and have your lack of integrity brought forward on one of the largest gun forums on the web?
You post a buy it price... a buyer buys it...... and you F ing cancel deal. Yeah... you're name is pretty much shyt on the forum now. Good luck with that."
Forehead Microphone Organ Human Tie

#16 · (Edited)
I'm sorry this happened to the OP. I've completed numerous successful transactions on GB and never had a problem (knock wood). In fact, I had sort of the opposite occurrence a few years ago...just window shopping, I half-heartedly placed a modest bid on a much more valuable pistol and somehow won it for far less than it should have brought....for whatever reason, the bidding just stopped. I paid with cc (and mentioned that I couldn't believe the low selling price), but both a friend and I agreed that I'd never actually receive it . To my surprise and delight, the seller (FFL dealer) never said a word about the price...he just shipped it and left me positive feedback. The pistol was a factory new Les Baer Boss .45, and my price was $1,580. This was before they started adding sales tax.

#18 ·
Looks like he did take the super low road and trash you as well...

Seller refiuses to complete transaction because he has decided he wants MORE MONEY for the gun than his own BIN price. Documented and submitted to gunbroker help team.

Response (left on 02/22/2023):Buyer tried to get me to do trans. around GunBroker circumventing their fees. Tried to get me to sell/send illegal larger capacity magazines to him in Vermont. Then proceeded to cyberthreaten me.

#19 ·
So who is full of it:

Seller refiuses to complete transaction because he has decided he wants MORE MONEY for the gun than his own BIN price. Documented and submitted to gunbroker help team.

Response (left on 02/22/2023):Buyer tried to get me to do trans. around GunBroker circumventing their fees. Tried to get me to sell/send illegal larger capacity magazines to him in Vermont. Then proceeded to cyberthreaten me

#23 ·
So who is full of it:

Response (left on 02/22/2023):Buyer tried to get me to do trans. around GunBroker circumventing their fees. Tried to get me to sell/send illegal larger capacity magazines to him in Vermont. Then proceeded to cyberthreaten me
I'm going with seller making up a story to cover his butt. OP documented convo's. Which one do YOU think?

#26 ·
Lol I expected as much....how can the first be true if I used BIN and followed all rules? As to the second , I told him about the capacity law before I bid, offered the option of either sending the magazines to a local shop that does the permanent modifications to make them compliant, or just leave them out of the deal entirely. He agreed, IN WRITING, to option 1, he wasn't concerned about that aaaaattt alllll.

As for the last..... if telling him I would file a complaint and warn people on the gun forums that he's a bad seller counts as "cyberthreatening".... well I guess I'm guilty.

I feel silly even refuting this stuff.

#29 ·
That sucks. Seems he is a dirtbag. Sorry about that. Post a link to the original auction please. But you shouldn’t let one guy turn you off the whole site. There are still plenty of reputable folks there.

I just had a perfect experience with gb. Won a gun on Friday and picked it up yesterday. Better than described and in fact I don’t think it’s ever been shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.