1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
If there's a fish picture thread I missed it.
If there's not let this be the beginning.

Here's a picture of a Paddlefish that I caught in Montana a few days ago. They were ranging in size from 50#-90#. Lots of fun.

View attachment 266913
Is that a catch and release fish? Edible? Is there restictions on that fish?What you use for bait?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that a catch and release fish? Edible? Is there restictions on that fish?What you use for bait?
There is a tag draw to keep the fish. We were fishing literally "snag & release". Even says that on the special license. No bait involved, just a weight & treble hook.

People say that they are good eating but I haven't eaten any myself. Not sure what they use for bait.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Come fishing l say , it’ll be fun (and filling ) I say. !!

View attachment 267129
One of the only times I've been nervous while in the water was in Maui. Snorkeling turtle town. I got a little far from our group and wouldn't you know it I saw a shark. Back on the boat real quick, I was done.
Didn't feel the need to go in the water the rest of the trip. I was good with the pool at the condo we rented. We returned home and the following day on the news someone was lunch for one of your buddies. I'm sticking to fresh water.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of the only times I've been nervous while in the water was in Maui. Snorkeling turtle town. I got a little far from our group and wouldn't you know it I saw a shark. Back on the boat real quick, I was done.
Didn't feel the need to go in the water the rest of the trip. I was good with the pool at the condo we rented. We returned home and the following day on the news someone was lunch for one of your buddies. I'm sticking to fresh water.
I had a similar experience when I used to spearfish/Abalone dive. Was in just outside Tomales Bay in N. Ca. Had never been there before. Was at this one spot very near a seal rookery (Bird Rock). Something didn't feel right to me so we went about a 1/2 mile to a new spot. Read in the paper that Monday that a diver got hit at Bird Rock the following day.

Sometimes you just get lucky.

·
NRA Endowment member
3,131 Posts
You eat it or sell it? Stuff it?
Ate some and give the rest to the natives. It’s kind of local tradition in the Bahamas. It never goes to waste and is most appreciated as they don’t have government welfare or free handouts.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts