Flat triggers

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by nomad, Nov 7, 2011.

1. nomad

nomad Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Looking at the 10-8 and wilson flat triggers. Opinions on which is the better trigger, this is a carry/ house defense gun.

2. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Caspian has one now too.

I'm not a fan so can't recommend one over the other.

[​IMG]

3. SDM

SDM Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I'm a big 10-8 fan so I would recommend the 10-8 trigger.

4. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Got a 10-8 on my new Valor... not flat ...Haven't shot it yet though

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  5. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Never done one yet myself, but IIRC the 10-8 might need some more fitting than the Wilson. I could be wrong and I am sure someone will be around soon enough and be more helpfull than me.

6. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I fitted a 10-8 to an EMP in about 40 mins

7. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    10-8 all the way!

8. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Look at my sig and you know.

I've fitted all three; 10-8, Wilson and Caspian. And I can say the Wilson is my top choice. Follow by the Caspian. The 10-8s that I had fitted were always a little too long in the bow, and would require more fitting than anything else.

9. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    I got the Caspian CMG posted. It was "almost" a drop in. I worked on the sides to get the sanding "grain" to match the steel. Polished the top and bottom. Had to take just a tiny bit off the bottom for it to slide in the groove well. The bow was identical to what was in the gun. I spent more time getting the burs out of my gun than working on the trigger. At least the gun doesn't leave scratch marks on triggers now!

[​IMG]

10. EvolutionArmory

EvolutionArmory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    I use Wilson for the fact that the trigger bow isn't too long and the Wilson has tabs to adjust pre travel.

The 10-8 is a fine trigger but the Wilson has more adjustability.

11. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    I find the same with the 10-8's. Takes more work to get the the right pre-travel with them.

12. EvolutionArmory

EvolutionArmory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    The longer bow requires that you file some material off the sear legs, the disconnector or both.

The Caspian Trik trigger has the same problem with the bow being longer than the trigger tracks.

Greider makes all these triggers with long bows and these other companies slap their names on them. That's another reason why I use Wilson. They make their own.

13. Drgracin72

Drgracin72 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    i just finished fitting a 10-8 flat into my trp just a few minutes ago. i had to take a little off the top and bottem, but everything else was perfect! love the way these things feel

14. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    pre-travel was ok? I never had one go in that easy. Congrats.

15. Drgracin72

Oct 9, 2011
    its a touch long, about the same as the stock one that came in the trp... will probably pull it and work a little more, but overall, i was impressed how easily it went in

16. Drgracin72

Oct 9, 2011
    got around to adjusting the pretravel... had to add a little silver solder, and do some stoning to get it right. ive got it set right at .040 and im really liking the trigger!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted