1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Add me to the list that prefer a flat trigger. Not on all guns though. With the straight press of the 1911 trigger, a flat trigger just feels most "correct". The vast majority of my 1911's have a flat trigger these days.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don’t care for the aesthetics of the fiat trigger, just all wrong to me. I have a flat WC trigger in one pistol I built and it does what it should. My conclusion is if one has the proper length curved trigger in their pistol and places their finger consistently there is no difference.

What I have started doing it taking long triggers which I don’t do well with, flattening the face then making smaller curves on the face of the trigger to the length I prefer. Looks different but works. So would that be a flurve or curvat trigger?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Until recently most of my shooting has been varmint rifles. I found that a flat trigger really shines when the trigger pull is set to a few ounces as there is less contact with the finger
The exact opposite would be old-school rifles that had a heavy pull and the user would add a trigger shoe for more contact with the finger making them felt trigger pull less
None of my 1911s have a light enough pole that this actually applies so therefore I do not feel the need for a flat trigger nor do I care for the Look

·
Registered
252 Posts
^^^ So there is some common value of applied force on the trigger by the shooter. This would be in your observed combination of heavier trigger/broad face or lighter trigger/narrow face. Not looking for some calculated value...which would vary from shooter to shooter anyway. Just an observation.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
3,402 Posts
I use to like only skeleton curved. Then it was curved solid. Now I'm going through this process with flat triggers.

But, on one of my AR's I just installed a 3lb curved trigger.

·
Dremel jockey
4,238 Posts
My semi-flat, golfballed face, internally lightened triggers rock.
LOL!
One little known aspect is the unique feel due to the minor depression in the center.
The edges, although softened, are slightly raised above the center.
Great feedback to the finger for a STRAIGHT to the rear pull.

·
born in the wrong century
4,962 Posts

I'm now down with the flatness...once I tried it....SOLD.

I'm waiting impatiently for a pistola very similar looking to this one to arrive.

F5A52F69-17BD-4D7D-BF05-B987BEA63D61.jpeg

Not saying I'll order a dozen of them and start doing part swaps.....but it will happen on a couple existing guns.

·
Registered
341 Posts
To me, flat triggers (aesthetically) just look better on a pistol with a SQUARED trigger guard. {not my pistol)

I dont care for the look of a flat trigger with a traditional trigger guard. As far as feel...I'm about to find out as soon as I shoot this for the first time. However, I'm not crazy about the look to be honest...so it may be going back to Rob for a swap unless I LOVE the way it feels. (yes, my pistol)

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Nice ALCHEMY if it came from Rob with that Flat Trigger, your going to like it. The flat Trigger just works for me due to the fact they fit my grip and finger placement on it's surface. As far as looks that one you have looks right at home on that one. Let us know how you like it, what works for some might not work for others, and I'm the opposite on a 1911 Single Stack I don't care for the Squared off Trigger Guard I prefer the Traditional Round style, now on my 2011 Staccato P 4.14 the Square Trigger Guard l like, I guess it has to do with seeing that style of Pistol, they all seem to have a Square Trigger Guard, here's a pic of the Square Trigger I installed, I did a write up on it in the STI section if you want to look it up.
20210116_123727.jpg

Reactions: River runner

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nice ALCHEMY if it came from Rob with that Flat Trigger, your going to like it. <snip>
Yes sir, straight from Alchemy in its current configuration. It was ordered that way by the original owner (who never fired it either). Guess when the weather gets better, and I get the factory grips back from being profiled, I will try it out. But Rob has already assured me he will throw a curved trigger in for me just for the cost of shipping should I decide its not my cup-o-tea.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I just bought my first 1911 with a flat trigger and I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I like the way it feels and looks so time will tell.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts