1911 Firearm Addicts banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
I tried flat for awhile and it was fine. Went back to curved though. I like the feel a little better and they look better on classic styled pistol. I think a really modern looking 1911 looks best with flat. Seems I gravitate towards classic styling for some reason. Just like the looks better. I believe less is more.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
3,402 Posts
The top photo gun came like that. The other two I bought from Midway I believe. They were not black. I had them coated when Alex Zimmermann did work to them.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Thunder Mountian sells black 1911 triggers..
Tried one about a month ago, it's well made and was same as any other trigger to fit.
the one in the photo is their medium length. Appox .400 visible out of the frame

Reactions: Uncle Bob

·
Premium Member
6,069 Posts
I really really like a all blacked out 1911. What brand are those triggers I've never been able to find a black flat trigger. Could be I suck at using google

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
Go to 1911parts.com. it's where I buy mine and Mike is really good people and very helpful. I am currently using the Grieder which I prefer over the others. This is one on my Ronin, but not black. There are other black triggers available. I should thank Steve Owen's for referring me to this source.

20210308_215438.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,069 Posts
I tried flat for awhile and it was fine. Went back to curved though. I like the feel a little better and they look better on classic styled pistol. I think a really modern looking 1911 looks best with flat. Seems I gravitate towards classic styling for some reason. Just like the looks better. I believe less is more.
Flat triggers were not designed for looks. They're used to solve trigger pull problems. Chuck Ries put the first one in my first IPSC pistol in the 70s, my groups tightened up nicely. The group below was 30 rounds rapid fire at 20 yards with my Ronin after I put a flat trigger in it. My 9mm LWC still has a curved trigger in it, and I can't group this tight with it. My 45acp pistols all have flat triggers.

20210121_154322.jpg

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Flat triggers were not designed for looks. They're used to solve trigger pull problems. Chuck Ries put the first one in my first IPSC pistol in the 70s, my groups tightened up nicely. The group below was 30 rounds rapid fire at 20 yards with my Ronin after I put a flat trigger in it. My 9mm LWC still has a curved trigger in it, and I can't group this tight with it. My 45acp pistols all have flat triggers.

View attachment 730275
I realize they weren't designed for looks, but my groups are the same either way.

·
Registered
679 Posts
After trying many over the years I've ended up liking long curved triggers the best.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Flat or curved is less important to me than wide or narrow. Only really an issue on plastic pistols though.

·
Premium Member
6,069 Posts
Correction so there's no misunderstanding. Thunder Mountain is the same as 1911parts.com.

Mike is good people and very helpful.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts