Flea bay morons...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by john_anch_ak, Mar 2, 2019.

1. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    So I put an AVID AR-15 cleaning tool on ebay. Cleaning tool, not an "assault" cleaning tool just a damn cleaning tool. This is what they sent me after I removed any and all references to AR's and called it "America's sporting rifle".
    Hello john_anch_ak,

Some of your listings haven't followed our Assault Weapons Parts and Accessories policy. We previously informed you about our policy, so we've taken the following actions on your account:
    - Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items or revise active items for 3 days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.
    - Listings that didn't follow our policies have been removed. A list of removed item(s) is available further down in this email.
    - Any fees for listings that were ended early for not following policy won't be credited to your account. Due to numerous laws and regulations regarding the sale of assault weapons (including parts and accessories for assault weapons), these items aren't allowed on eBay.

You may sell accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes and sites. However, if you sell these items, you can't mention assault weapons in your listing or product.

Listings or products that describe parts or accessories for assault weapons will be removed, including items that don't attach to assault weapons.

However, if you just do a search for AVID AR-15 you will see several up for sale and they have AR-15 all over their description. So, look for my next post, I'd rather give it away to someone here than mess with the moron gods of flea bay.

GeorgeandSugar and Joe C like this.
  2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    I am baffled that no one ever made a successful competitor for EBay given how much the general public hates its policies.

HouseFrey and john_anch_ak like this.

3. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Tried listing a Geissele gas block the other day and it got deleted. Even though there are probably 150+ AR gas blocks for sale by others. Must be certain catch words that they look for in the listings but I have no idea what they might be...

john_anch_ak likes this.
  4. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    They used to do the same thing to me years ago when I would list a Kydex Cheek Rest.....No mention of any specific Firearm or for that matter Firearm Period......Just a pic and brief description.....Bingo, I was selling a Firearm and it was deleted.

I would call and hit a brick wall trying to explain.

One day I got a hold of a guy that knew what he was talking about, he told me he couldn't see any issues with the listing and noted that in my file....

No problems after that for a couple months and he must have moved on as I was in Violation aagain.

Then they raised the fees and I stopped listing them altogether.

Karsten

john_anch_ak likes this.
  5. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    They did...Gunbroker.

I’ve been registered on eBay since it was legal to buy and sell guns on there. That was a long time ago.

john_anch_ak, Joe C and ZoidMeister like this.
  6. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    There is another site, but it hasn't gotten much traction. It's www.bonanza.com

I haven't been on either ebay or bonanza in a while. I'll need to check in on the alternate site to see what's up.

If I remember, their fees used to be half fleabay fees.

GeorgeandSugar and john_anch_ak like this.
  7. retrieverman

May 16, 2013
    I haven’t sold anything on eBay in years, but I buy a bunch of stuff off there. I got a ballistic turret for a Swarovski Z8 scope in the mail yesterday that I bought off eBay. It was over $40 cheaper than anywhere else on the net.

I also buy almost all my clothes off eBay.

john_anch_ak likes this.
  8. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    I once tried to sell some “empty” Cuban Cohiba cigar boxes that they promptly removed.

john_anch_ak likes this.
  9. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    I find Armslist.com interesting for guns and related items. Everything from firearms to optics to training, and you set your own parameters. You can search by city to avoid shipping. I always shut off the dealers so I only see private sellers.

cghelton likes this.
  10. retrieverman

May 16, 2013
    Be careful on Armslist. There are a ton of scammers. If it sounds too good to be true, it more than likely is.

11. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    True. But the nice thing is it's local and easy to see what you are working with. Ordering something online from an individual is much more risky.

retrieverman likes this.
  12. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    WOW this is old news. NEVER use the term AR15 ever if you want to sell on that service. Hate you had to find out this way but that is what we have to deal with.

john_anch_ak likes this.
  13. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    Over the years I've sold quite a few items that show AR-15 and never had a problem. I actually sold this on flea bay a couple of weeks ago but the buyer flaked. I just did a relist with no changes and all of the sudden it's banned. Seems strange to me that this happened right after the democraps in congress passed their latest attempt at disarming America...

14. GeorgeandSugar

GeorgeandSugar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Thanks for the reminder. I have a bonanza account. Been awhile since I used it. Good time to put a sticky note on the computer as a reminder.

I've been trying to shift away from these platforms that give gun folks a hard time.

Sound like I'll need to delist eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZoidMeister likes this.
  15. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014

Yeah, you'll probably want to pass on the whole bonanza thing. Seems they have changed their fee structure to favor volume sellers and close out the small individual sellers.

Flat rate selling fees start around $25 per month. I don't think they get the traffic to justify that on any level.

I still prefer Etsy for the stuff I make, but they are pretty much tailored to the artisan, hobbyist, maker selling markets.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted