1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m really surprised I haven’t bought one a long time ago. But, I haven’t.

I’ve shot several and liked them, including the bullpup version. The pistol is more in my desirable level.

All that being said, let’s hear some feedback. Good, bad, indifferent.

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
3,600 Posts
I have a PS90 w/gen 1 hammer pack. it would take a hell of an offer for me to let that go. I’ve owned the AR5.7 and 5.7 handgun. The handgun was the I/O version, I didn’t love the trigger guard on it.

Outside that, I would buy a 5.7 handgun again, but it’s not in my future plans.

For me, ammo cost and availability in a bad situation are what ultimately ruins it for me.

In saying that, as mentioned, PS90 with the right hammer pack=1000% for a grab and go **** hit the fan situation.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,787 Posts
Been looking at these myself, for a while now. While I always enjoy trying something new, for some reason I have not been able to jump into this platform. Kinda like the 22TCM stuff I guess...
I went the 22tcm route, it’s awesome! No regrets with that purchase and don’t think I would go with the 5.7, also at the time I purchased the 22tcm ammo for that 5.7 was harder to find than 22lr!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a PS90 w/gen 1 hammer pack. it would take a hell of an offer for me to let that go. I’ve owned the AR5.7 and 5.7 handgun. The handgun was the I/O version, I didn’t love the trigger guard on it.

Outside that, I would buy a 5.7 handgun again, but it’s not in my future plans.

For me, ammo cost and availability in a bad situation are what ultimately ruins it for me.

In saying that, as mentioned, PS90 with the right hammer pack=1000% for a grab and go **** hit the fan situation.
What are the differences in the hammer packs?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
5.7 is a hot little round, somewhat like carrying a mini 5.56 on your belt. Pistol is super lightweight & high capacity. Sent one off to Elite Ammunition for their accurizing package and now has a ~2# trigger pull and shoots like a little rifle. Their improvements in the pistol were worth the investment.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
I haven't shot a FiveseveN pistol but I have a friend that EDCs one and he swears by it. He says it's fast shooting, accurate, and almost no recoil. He has a ranch in TX and has used it to kill wild pigs and says it takes care of business just fine.
I bought two PS90s a while back for my son and I, great little rifles. Again, fast, accurate, not excessively loud. I sold mine a couple of years ago and bought an AR57 rifle intending to build an AR57 pistol. I got all the parts, virgin lower, factory 12" barrel, etc., just never got around to finishing the project, it's all still in the safe. One of these days I'll get it done.

·
Registered
612 Posts
What are the differences in the hammer packs?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I have no first hand experience because I enjoy my tempurpedic bed, prime steaks, and the company of my family entirely too much to take the risk; however, it's rumored that the gen 1 packs were a pair of small needle nose pliers and a flat head screw driver away from full auto. Hence the ATF's mandated redesigned trigger pack.

·
Registered
612 Posts
What's up with that top one? I've never seen one like that.
That was one of the early IOM models that weren't commercially available. Roughly 5000 produced world wide if I'm not mistaken. They're really rare to find and demand a substantial premium. Second down is the next generation USG and the bottom is the latest MKII

·
Banned
821 Posts
That was one of the early IOM models that weren't commercially available. Roughly 5000 made it state side. They're really rare to find and demand a substantial premium. Second down is the next generation USG and the bottom is the latest MKII
Very cool. I've always preferred the USG model over the MKII. It's on my list to get someday.

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
3,600 Posts
I have no first hand experience because I enjoy my tempurpedic bed, prime steaks, and the company of my family entirely too much to take the risk; however, it's rumored that the gen 1 packs were a pair of small needle nose pliers and a flat head screw driver away from full auto. Hence the ATF's mandated redesigned trigger pack.
That’s exactly the rumor I heard... I have no first had knowledge or experience with this but, usually where there’s smoke there’s fire.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.