1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
الواحد
806 Posts
Just to throw it out there FN has been making the US M4a1 since around 2009. Colt lost the m4a1 contract but was awarded a separate contract to upgrade existing m4s to m4a1 spec.

·
Premium Member
26,522 Posts
FN still doesnt seem as highly coveted on the civilian market. FN AR15s are priced up there but I never see them spoken of a lot.
Mostly true on the majority it forums. There are a few that appreciate FN. they are producing some phenomenal barrels.

·
الواحد
806 Posts
IMO too many American firearm companies are living off their legacy. I feel like Colt thought they had it in the bag 10+ years ago when they lost the m4a1 contract. And by lost I mean outbid. Colt Defense filed for bankruptcy shortly there after.

FN on the other hand makes the majority of our mil weapons: m4, m4a1, m16, m249, m240, m2 50cal, mk19 etc. one stop shop if you will.

I thought for sure they were going to win the pistol contract but the gov liked them Sigs at $200ea

·
The Tinker
3,357 Posts
I gave up on Colt when they gave up on the 1911. And then brought it back. Still trying to figure out what dumpster they harvested their executives from.

Reactions: bluelund79
1 - 10 of 10 Posts