close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Food thread. Post your meals boys!!

Discussion in 'Munchies' started by limbkiller, Nov 19, 2011.

1. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
  2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    That looks good Ed.. I did cajun this afternoon in honor of Justin Wilson.. Justain.. as his momma called him.. I miss the old coona$$... Ron

3. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    He was fun for sure. Emerald BAM, and Bobby Flay are some of my favs now.

4. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 21, 2011
    Justin was cool!!! I loved when he would tell hunting stories while he cooked.

5. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I don't know if I have any recent photos, but I'll check.

I'll admit it, I like the show Top Chef. I'm slowly but surely getting better at that whole cooking business. :lol:

Andy

6. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    OK guys here's more food. Tonights meal is a deer roast, corn pudding, and bisquits topped off with my favorite cake by far, pineapple upside down cake. Now you know why I'm getting fat. LOL Southern cooking for you yankees.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
    Hmm looks good .

8. Samcro

Nov 19, 2011
    Onion-ale soup served over bread

Ingredients:

2-3 onions
    water
    1 bottle of ale or more
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    a small pinch of saffron
    salt
    dried bread slices or cubes

Take a good quantity of onions, and mince them, not too small, & seethe them in fair water, And take them up; and then take a good quantity of stale ale, as three gallons, And thereto take a pint of good oil that is fried, and cast onions thereto, And let all boil together a great (while), and cast thereto Saffron and salt, And then put bread, in manner of brewes, and cast liquor thereon, and serve it forth hot.

** Note: It is very common in medieval cookery that certain ingredients are first parboiled, then fried and then cooked again. Be careful with the saffron! And pale ale is better than very dark beer for this one.

Fire Chili

enjoy this 10-alarm chili that will have smoke coming from your ears!

Ingredients:

1. 1 Pound Lean Bacon.

2. 1 Pound Of Ground Round., brown and drain before adding to stock pot.

3. 1 Pound Of Ground Pork., brown and drain before adding to stock pot.

4. 1 Cup Green Bell Pepper Diced Fine.

5. 1 Cup Purple Sweet Onion Diced Fine.

6. 8 Jalapeno Peppers With Stems Removed And Diced Fine. ( See Note Below )

7. 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Garlic.

8. 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin.

9. 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder.

10. 2 Tablespoons Ground Cayenne Pepper.

11. 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes.

12. 2 28 Ounce Cans Diced Tomatoes.

13. 4 16 Ounce Cans Kidney Beans.

14. 12 -16 Ounce Cans Beer. ( See Note )

15. 2 6 Ounce Cans Tomato Paste.

You will want to start by chopping your bacon up into one inch pieces and fry it in a skillet until crunchy but do not burn. Take the bacon out and put it into a large stock pot. Add your onions , bell peppers , and garlic to the skillet and cook until tender and done. Now take a spoon and be sure to get all contents of the skillet including the drippings into the stock pot.

Now into your stock pot put all the rest of your ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce your heat to a simmer and cook at least two hours stirring often. Once cooked you will have one of the best chili's in the world. And believe me it truly is a flaming hot chili.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
    jtbull46 likes this.
  9. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    That chili looks awesome!!!! Will try that for sure.

10. Samcro

Nov 19, 2011
    Celtic Hazelnut Bread ~

Makes: 14 servings
    Serving size: 1 slice
    Yield: 1 loaf (14 slices)
    Prep: 25 mins Bake: 350°F 50 mins

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 egg, beaten

1 cup milk

1/4 cup cooking oil

3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts - toasted (could substitute almonds, pecans, or walnuts)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.

2. In a medium bowl combine the egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan.

3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf (14 slices).

Harvest Mushroom Soup

* Serves 4-6 Hot, Vegetarian, Vegetable Soup, Gluten - Wheat Free, Eggless,

* Ingredients:

75g/3oz Dried Wild Mushrooms, pre-soaked overnight ( or the best you can Get)
    1.1L/40fl.oz. Vegetable Stock
    2 tbsp Butter
    1 large Onions, finely chopped
    2 heaped tea-spoons of Cornflour
    Salt and White Pepper
    4-6 tbsp Sour Cream
    Freshly chopped Parsley

* Instructions:

1. Drain the pre-soaked mushrooms reserving the soaking liquid and strain the liquid through a fine sieve or muslin.

2. Rinse the mushrooms well then cut strips. Set aside.

3. Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until softened and golden brown.

4. Add the mushrooms, the reserved soaking liquid and stock to the onions, mixing well, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer very gently for 2 hours stirring from time to time

5. In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with a little water to form a slurry then add to the soup, stirring well. Season with salt and pepper and continue to simmer the soup until slightly thickened.

6. To serve – transfer the soup to individual bowls, top each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and sprinkle with parsley.

Turkey Hash

1 ½ Pounds Taters cut up in to 1 in cubes
    7 Tablespoons unsalted butter
    1 Med onion, diced
    1 Red bell pepper, diced
    3 Cups cooked turkey, diced
    4 large eggs,

Put taters in large pot, cover, and simmer, until tender (Not Mush)! While taters are cooling, melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet over Med – high heat, cook the onions & peppers until soft & golden brown. Add the taters, turkey, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper (adjust to your taste on both of these) . Cook, turning occasionally, until browned. (About 15 Min)

Scramble & cook the eggs and serve on top of hash or beside it .

11. Samcro

Nov 19, 2011
    It is Awesome

12. Samcro

Nov 19, 2011
    Boozy Scotch Bread Pudding

Bourbon Sauce:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 cup Kentucky bourbon whiskey (or Scotch)
    Bread Pudding:

1 loaf bread, at least a day old, cut into 1-inch squares (about 6-7 cups)
    1 qt milk
    3 eggs, lightly beaten
    2 cups sugar
    2 Tbsp vanilla
    1 cup raisins, soaked in 1/4 cup bourbon for a few hours (or Scotch)
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.
    Soak the bread in milk in a large mixing bowl. Press with hands until well mixed and all the milk is absorbed. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and spices together. Gently stir into the bread mixture with the raisins.
    Butter generously bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch baking pan. Pour in the bread mix and bake for 35-45 minutes or until set and the edges start getting a bit brown.
    While bread pudding is cooking, melt butter in a saucepan; add sugar and egg, whisking to blend well. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens a little bit. Whisk in bourbon to taste. Remove from heat. Whisk before serving.

Serve with the bourbon sauce on the side or just slather it on top and let it soak like I did. BEST BREAD PUDDING EVER, hands down!

13. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    I seem to have whiskey around the house.:rofl2:

14. Samcro

Nov 19, 2011
    LOL , I always have a Cabinet full of many kinds and try to keep a privet reserve of some really good sippen stuff .

15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    You guys got me at a disadvantage.. I don't use recipes.. Let me see what I can find.. Ron

16. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    Brine that bird!

Here is my basic brining solution. Spices can be added for the specific meat selected. Brining will produce tender succulent turkey, chicken, pork roasts, and pork ribs. I use brining for tenderness and choose to flavor the meat in a separate step. For birds I use water, and a 50/50 mix of apple juice and water for pork roasts. The larger the cut of meat the longer the time it should stay in the brine. A rack of ribs will be ready in as little as 8 hours. A turkey should go 12 hours minimum. Containers can be a problem when dealing with large roasts or turkey. I use a white 13 gallon trash bag in an ice chest.

For each 1/2 gallon of liquid. (To completely submerge a turkey use 1 gallon min.)
    1/3 cup coarse salt
    1/4 cup brown sugar

This simple brine will produce juicy succulent breast meat.

17. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    here's some bait that I ate last week.

[​IMG]

18. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    Here's a cheesecake that i made.

[​IMG]

19. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
  20. medic68

medic68 New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    This thread is making me hungry.............. here's something from last night;
    phone 4[2 188.jpg

tarheeldoc likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted