For sale/trade Browning Belgian Challenger

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Blue Ridge, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This is arguably my favorite .22 pistol, but I never shoot it. I bought this on Gunbroker in 2009, and I can't find any of the information I had on it, the ad has been removed. If memory serves, it's a 1967 model. Finish is 98+%, but at some point the rear sight has been tapped downward on the left side, The seller didn't notice that, and it didn't really affect shooting and I was afraid I'd break it trying to fix it, so I left it be. It has never had a failure of any kind, because it's a Belgian Challenger. It has a trigger a 1911 lover can appreciate. The Volquartsen trigger groups I put in my modern pistols are no more crisp nor have shorter resets. I love this pistol. But I don't shoot it. A warning, factory magazines for this pistol sell for around $150 each. I only have the one that came with it, though some guys on Rimfire Central are modding Beretta Neos mags.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This shows the rear sight:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't remember what my winning bid was, but it came out to $629 with shipping. I bought the original leather Browning case later for $50 bucks. $600 shipped to lower 48. Trades include Gov't size 1911's that would take a thousand plus in cash from my end, perhaps AR parts.

2. Blue Ridge

Nov 3, 2011
    Sold pending funds.

3. Blue Ridge

Nov 3, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted