close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For the NFL fans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oldag, Sep 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    The NFL commissioner is blasting Trump for being divisive. Seems Trump criticized the players kneeling or ignoring the national anthem.

Goodell:
    "The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month. Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities."

So glad to know that his players disrespecting the national anthem creates a sense of unity in our country and culture. And that their actions are not at all divisive. Is it just me, or am I missing the logic here?

From Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank:
    "We are at our very best when we are working together, building unity and including everyone's voice in a constructive dialogue. Creating division or demonizing viewpoints that are different than our own accomplishes nothing positive and undermines our collective ability to achieve the ideals of our democracy."

Okay, so liberals use violence to silence opposing viewpoints. Players kneeling during the national anthem. That is really building unity and including everyone's voice, is it not?? And those actions could never be divisive, could they?? And seems like demonizing viewpoints is exactly what Blank is doing in his post.

Yet more hypocrisy from the liberals.

I don't patronize the NFL. Shame, because I thought it was a pretty good thing back through the 70's.

HOTCHKIS, Jimhoag, cghelton and 7 others like this.
  2. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire Supporting Addict

Apr 12, 2016
    I heard the same nonsense this morning.
    Send em all out picking trash off the highways. Grrrrr

Dub, HOTCHKIS, Jimhoag and 4 others like this.

3. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    NFL players are paid entertainers . Don't disrespect the country that gave you the opportunity by being a douchebag !
    BTW - I wonder how Pat Tillman would feel about this if he were alive ???

livinthelife, Dub, HOTCHKIS and 10 others like this.
  4. eboggs

eboggs Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2016
    I've become very disappointed in the NFL, to the point I don't care to watch it anymore. I'm also frustrated that President Trump -sometimes- takes it too far with his comments. Address the kneeling issue and move on. No reason to keep attacking them over the "boring" game or becoming "too regulated for safety" etc.

Makes them look like victims now or something. It's all ridiculous.

Dub, cghelton, Sneaky One and 4 others like this.
  5. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire Supporting Addict

Apr 12, 2016
    He should start doing press conferences right at the start of the games.
    Pretty sure all the major networks have to run it.
    Nobody watching them kneel??
    They'll stop in no time.

Dub, Jimhoag, cghelton and 5 others like this.
  6. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things! Supporting Addict

Nov 18, 2014
    Fu€k the NFL, NBA, MLB and every other over paid piece of crap out there!!!!!!
    Never did like any of them:mad:

7. crayj46

crayj46 Knight Commander of the Order of Cabo Wabo Supporting Addict

Aug 12, 2017
    it's been more than 10 years since i watched football, almost 40 years ago i gave up on base ball. only watch the triple crown and the big 4 in golf. i'd rather be out playing golf than watching it, i'd rather be doing practically anything before watching football. being active rather than inactively watching sports on TV seems counter productive. as for the personalities involved in this latest dust up, i could not care less.

i no longer hunt, if i needed the food i would. i get along with folks who hunt and eat what they kill, i do not associate with folks who trophy kill. it comes down to how much are we willing to pay to let morons entertain us. the vikings new stadium is built right on the central migration flight path, they wouldn't build it out of glass that would keep birds away, the estimate based on the bodies they've found reckon millions of migrating birds will be killed yearly so people can watch football. i remember the giant flocks of migrating geese every fall, v formation after v formation with hundreds of geese in each formation. geese no longer migrate in those giant flocks because the route is learned, we killed all the older geese who led the migration so now we have small enclaves of non migratory geese.

homo sapiens should be renamed to homo moron

sorry, my opinion only and your mileage may vary

8. eboggs

eboggs Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2016
    I like watching football, unfortunately. I don't really root for specific teams, I dont wear any sports clothing etc, but I enjoy watching the game...guess it's just one of those things I've always done, and remember watching with my father when I was younger. Too bad it's gotten the way it has...

Blue Ridge, Pennywise827 and boatdoc like this.
  9. Fred_G

Fred_G Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Poor oppressed millionaires. F'em. I stopped watching the NFL a few years ago.

10. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 3, 2015
    since you beat me to the posting of this Oldag

here is what I propose, . We the 1911addicts forum BOYCOTT the Nfl and all its logo cra_

take a stand. hit them in the wallet

are you with the ghetto thug loving Nfl and BLM ? or are you in favor of law and order and the American way of life

I just read that BOTH the Jag(offs) and Ravens took a knee in LONDON!!! what a disgrace these spoiled ghetto thug wanna bes are

their "cause" is the end of the police shooting black thugs caught in the act. This "movement is directly Obamanations fault. rather than address the ghetto violence, lack of free education by its members and lack of family structure, they riot ,loot and protest the right way to live as a free American.Obamanation never called for this ONCE. He did call thugs his sons, the black his people and vilify the cops for doing their job

Your choice--stand with Trump and decency or stand with thuggery

I am giving the finger to these thugs--the Nba too

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  11. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    been watching since the '60s --blacks were unjustly oppressed then and did NOTHING about it. today these spoiled losers are carrying on because criminals are being shot by cops. they say nothing about what is really destroying their 'hoods. ghetto lifestyle and gang violence
    I say F them. I would rather watch a movie with the wife on tv than thug supporting scumbags
    sorry guys but like the POTUS,I have had enough of these disgraces to our country and their whining about NOTHING real

cghelton and Sneaky One like this.
  12. dash

dash Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 3, 2016
    The Left (Media, Hollywood, many Politicians) is at war with everything American or traditional, and for a few years now they've had their sights on the NFL. They underestimate how Pro-American NFL paying fans still are. If NFL League and team owners choose to play politics over football there will be a heavy financial price when the paying fans stop showing up in stadiums all across the country and stop buying season tickets.

cghelton, Oldag and boatdoc like this.
  13. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    I will watch HOCKEY and maybe some baseball

F the Nba and the Nfl

Sneaky One, Babboonbobo and dash like this.
  14. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    GREAT Idea Kip.send him a tweet or email

Kip likes this.
  15. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    agreed

cghelton, Babboonbobo and Kip like this.
  16. azguy1911

azguy1911 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 22, 2015
    I have no issues with protests, it makes this country great, but DO NOT disrespect the flag and the million that have protected it, died for it and have lost limbs defending it and our way of life.

If any athlete wants to go on ESPN, CNN, FOX, CNBC, MSNBC, Oprah, whatever and state their case God Bless, even in post-game and pre-game interviews, fine.

BUT when OUR National Anthem is playing take your hat off and stand up straight.

livinthelife, Dub, RazorBurn and 6 others like this.
  17. Klause

Klause Member

Jan 17, 2017
    is "N fl" and "N ba" code for something?

18. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    +1911

Mike Meints likes this.
  19. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015

not a code.

just bad typing and I did not edit it as I usually do. way off today , As I viewed my other posts, my errors seem to be everywhere .maybe I need to dictate my posts in the future--although that could be a whole new can of worms

20. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    The NFL commissioner approves new official players protest stance.

Old:
    IMG_3049.PNG

New:
    IMG_3050.JPG

Kip, Dub, Jimhoag and 5 others like this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted