1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mags are you using? I have Wilson ETM's, but it's always been my understanding that metal followers can damage the feedramp on the aluminum frame.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tripp Cobra magazines, the two Colt that came with it, and a Brownells. So far no ramp issues. In .38 Super CMC. Same pistol and so far no issues.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
Metalform 10 rd.

·
Make it a double
16,774 Posts
I have an alloy 45. I always thought it was the ammo that might cause wear as it get shoved in. ??? I’m not worried about it as I don’t put tons of rounds through the lightweights.

·
chicken wings
1,612 Posts
I have an alloy 45. I always thought it was the ammo that might cause wear as it get shoved in. ??? I’m not worried about it as I don’t put tons of rounds through the lightweights.
I’m going to test that theory out. Got an event that says to bring 400 rounds. Let’s see how the old girl fairs.

·
Make it a double
16,774 Posts
I think longevity issues would only become apparent (if at all) after many thousands of rounds. Blast away!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Never thought I would, but I now have a WC 9mm LW Commander.
WC mags (including a couple Vickers) Never a problem, and it is very pleasant to shoot. Have five mags now; will add more over time.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
@Bradd_D , what make lightweight do you have? The ejector Colt uses don't like Wilson 9mm mags as the sit high and hit the long ejector. I use Tripp, Dawson, old style CMC, and Metalform in my Colt GCT.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Bradd_D , what make lightweight do you have? The ejector Colt uses don't like Wilson 9mm mags as the sit high and hit the long ejector. I use Tripp, Dawson, old style CMC, and Metalform in my Colt GCT.
I don't have one yet, but I'm looking at a Colt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts