1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Those things have been around for a while. I bought one out of the classifieds a couple of years ago with the proprietary holster and gave it to a friend as a joke gift because he carried a Glock but refused to carry his 1911. I told him it was to dress his 1911 in Glock drag so he'd feel comfortable carrying it. It worked, I not only got him to carry his 1911 he bought two more.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those things have been around for a while. I bought one out of the classifieds a couple of years ago with the proprietary holster and gave it to a friend as a joke gift because he carried a Glock but refused to carry his 1911. I told him it was to dress his 1911 in Glock drag so he'd feel comfortable carrying it. It worked, I not only got him to carry his 1911 he bought two more.
I kind of figured these things may have been around for awhile it’s just the first time I saw one. I can see were someone might use one but it’s not something I ever intend too however. Plastic might have it’s usefulness just not on any of my 1911s.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
I kind of figured these things may have been around for awhile it’s just the first time I saw one. I can see were someone might use one but it’s not something I ever intend too however. Plastic might have it’s usefulness just not on any of my 1911s.
I think they're ridiculous, though it did work to help show my friend just how much more comfortable a 1911 is in the hand and to carry than a bulky polymer pistol.

Reactions: Dub and Kip

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Man-up and learn how to hold a flashlight w/ your weak hand.

Reactions: FrankB and WC145

·
Registered
219 Posts
If God had intended the 1911 to have a rail, he would have told His prophet, John Moses, to put one on it. Since He didn't, and he didn't, I thought I might know better and bought one with a rail. Love the 1911 (it's a stainless Taurus .38 Super so go ahead and condemn me, but it is a great gun), but God cursed me with a gun I love with a rail (curse) that won't fit any holster worth owning, except plastic ones, which is/amounts to the same thing. This is what I get for thinking I know better than God or John Moses Browning!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.