1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
My buddy sent me that video the other day. He knows I want one so every chance he gets he throws stuff my way about em. My thing is I’m torn, I have the MC Operator which competed for the Marines 1911. They chose the Colt obviously. I just don’t see a big difference between my Springer and the Colt.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
My buddy sent me that video the other day. He knows I want one so every chance he gets he throws stuff my way about em. My thing is I’m torn, I have the MC Operator which competed for the Marines 1911. They chose the Colt obviously. I just don’t see a big difference between my Springer and the Colt.
Early on, before the Kimber warrior purchase, USMC bought 150 of the Pachmayr gripped version and they were deployed.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
The fellow who bought my m45 took it out for it's first range test. Relates recoil impulse to be around 1/2 of any 45 he's ever fired. Laser accuracy, he and his brother were playing call shot. LOL

·
Registered
163 Posts
Love mine. It's an early Blue Box/'production' model.

It's very accurate, ... and while the double recoil-spring assembly does operate to diminish felt-recoil, so too does the extra weight which the rail area adds to the frame. More so if you actually run a light there.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was doing some looking around and it seems they came in a couple of color variations. Online prices seem to be about $2K for the "non-de-milled" ones. At a $2K price point is this pistol worth the price or is it a "gotta have one just because its a M45A1". Honestly thinking about my next 1911 and this one is on the list. One reason I like it is the ambi-safety which I need as a southpaw.
I already have one DW in the house and this falls in the price range I could afford. Is there another 1911 in that range that would be a better investment or buy?

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
5,999 Posts
Never knew that about the suffix, EGA, Eagle Globe and Anchor.
Ian comes thru again with tidbits. Cool
Now ask a Dog why EM's have Cuba on their EGA, and officers don't.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have a tan cerekote one. It's my HD pistol with a 10 round WC mag, hat, and an olight. It's one of my favorite pistols. I wish the finish held up better. I also wish holsters were more accessible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I was doing some looking around and it seems they came in a couple of color variations. Online prices seem to be about $2K for the "non-de-milled" ones. At a $2K price point is this pistol worth the price or is it a "gotta have one just because its a M45A1". Honestly thinking about my next 1911 and this one is on the list. One reason I like it is the ambi-safety which I need as a southpaw.
I already have one DW in the house and this falls in the price range I could afford. Is there another 1911 in that range that would be a better investment or buy?
I think you should check Buds price on the M45, you should be able to get it well under 2k. While the M45 looks like the USMC pistol my understanding is it is all production while the Marine guns had their triggers and barrels fitted by the custom shop. This would make Colts CQBP more like the actual Marine pistol, despite a different color scheme. When last I looked they were about $2100. The Colt custom shop puts out great pistols. My SCG is my favorite, even though I have two DW’s and a NH.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a tan cerekote one. It's my HD pistol with a 10 round WC mag, hat, and an olight. It's one of my favorite pistols. I wish the finish held up better. I also wish holsters were more accessible.
Yeah, holsters for the M45A1 are a real P.I.T.A. ...

The rail is different dimensionally than Colt's other rail guns (as well as other makes of railed 1911s), and it only gets worse if you want to run a light. Then you have to track down a holster that exactly fits the gun with that light attached.

If you change over to a different light on the gun, the holster likely won't fit the new combination (e.g., the Inforce v. the Streamlight pictured in my earlier post).

I was never able to find a 'universal' holster that would accommodate the M45A1 with whatever light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts