Forum Classified Sales

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by azguy1911, Apr 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    So, since the lock-down do you guys feel sales are up or down in the classifieds?

To me, it feels like transactions are down.

simonp likes this.
  2. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    I think listings are up, WAY up.

Sales are a function of pricing. I've seen things sell fast that are really good deals. I've even bought one gun myself off Addicts in the past few weeks.

Z

KS95B40, Gafanhao and FWoo45 like this.

3. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Agreed Z, lots of ads.... In this environment, pricing plays a huge roll. Maybe there are more new sellers to the game and they are not familiar with the state of the higher end 1911 market.

I'm surprised when I see someone put out a mid-$3,000 semi-custom "whatever". That's just not the market today no matter how nice it is. To actually transact, IMHO of course, many of the above $3,000 guns would need to be mid-$2,000's to garner interest.

Gafanhao, colrhino, Acroyer and 2 others like this.
  4. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    I’d say sales / posts are down. There are a couple posted that I’m amazed are still sitting there. Of course there are a couple sitting that are no surprise to me.

Double whammy being in Kalifornia these days, roster & all the FFL’s (least in the Bay Area) are closed so not sure how folks would transfer presently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FWoo45 and Guy Montag like this.
  5. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    @simonp good point, I wonder how many states have FFL's not open for business so a transfer could even be contemplated

FWoo45, Babboonbobo and simonp like this.
  6. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    It definitely would influence my buying decisions, thankfully it's not an issue in my county or ffl, others in my state are most certainly not so lucky.

simonp likes this.
  7. barmandr

barmandr SHEEPLE HERDER Supporting Addict

Oct 11, 2011
    I think the number of ads has increased, but the number of actual sales are down.

Gafanhao, colrhino and Babboonbobo like this.
  8. Series70

Series70 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 3, 2020
    Two months ago there were as many as twelve pages of classified ads. Today, eight pages. I've bought one really nice Sig 1911 and several other miscellaneous items. Money is just tough to turn loose for me. I have the wants for one right now, but money is coming in slow.

ILED93 and Guy Montag like this.
  9. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    I’m going broke:bang:

10. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    It seems to me that there’s been an influx of “dealers” peddling their wares on here lately.

Harleyvato and Series70 like this.
  11. Series70

Series70 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 3, 2020
    I'm not broke, just a little bent.

ZoidMeister and AGENT P like this.
  12. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I have cash but am a little hesitant to buy because I’m hoping to buy my dream car this fall (with the current economy I’m thinking there will be some stupendous deals to be had)

Gafanhao, FWoo45, Harleyvato and 2 others like this.
  13. Razer

Razer On The Razers Edge Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    If you look through the closed section, there really hasn't been a slowdown. Lot's of guns and accessories are changing hands.

14. Acroyer

Acroyer Off my meds Supporting Addict

Dec 16, 2015
    Problem is, many people, myself included, are out of work. My contract expired 3/31, and most places are on a hiring freeze. No money coming in, means no non-critical purchases. I have seen a few handguns in the classifieds that I would have snagged, had it been different.

Also, looking at Armslist, you'd say that people have lost their minds. Seems like people are trying to take advantage of the gun buying surge and are asking near MSRP for their used stuff. There's folks trying to get $650 for a used Glock.

15. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    @Acroyer armslists I don't get, at least GB seems to has reasonable pricing from it's patrons. I may not agree with everything but it seems in-line and not out of wack

16. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    Guns might be flying off the shelves, but those are mainly cheap ones. I've never seen such a soft market for quality 1911's. Great time to buy if you can swing it!

17. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    I think gun sales are up but I agree. It’s mostly cheap ones. What is definitely selling is ammo. I keep about 10k rounds for my handguns but I found out that 800 or so rounds of 308 and 6.5 CM don’t go very far when you have time. I had to order some more online and it wasn’t the easiest finding it available to be shipped. But yeah, if you want to sell a high dollar gun now, you may have to sell it at a very attractive price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I can't find people to fill the jobs we've got listed. If half of em would stick, I'd hire more. My generation doesn't want to work, with a few exceptions. The younger generations are worse yet.

simonp, AZ Husker and AGENT P like this.
  19. pcar157

pcar157 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2019
    From what I have seen in the used 1911 gun market, guns are selling for somewhere between 60% - 70% of MSRP, assuming it is not a limited production or a "one off" model. There is a lot of selection today and buyers can pick and choose at will. Take a look at GB as well as some other online sites including our own here on Addicts. In today's world buyers that have the $$$ can reap the rewards.

20. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    AZGUY,
    I know what your saying bud about high dollar guns in the ads. There's one on there now in the mid $3000.00 range that I would love to have.(I think you know which one) But IMO it's way over priced in today's market. If it was in the $2700 range, I'd consider it. Just not a market for $3000+ guns now.

Jim D.

Gafanhao and colrhino like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted