1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
The only thing attractive about Fusion is the price. Haven’t checked that in 10 years so I can’t even speak to the price anymore.

With all the other incredible options in their price range, why even consider the one company with shoddy work and a shoddy reputation? “Custom options” is not worth it.

Buy a Guncrafter and be done, get an incredible value on a great pistol.
A fusion and a guncrafter are really not in the same league unless you are talking brand new full on custom. Pricewise or anything else. My guncrafters are 2-3x more expensive than my fusion. But they are by far superior. I believe dan Wesson would be a more realistic comparison. And I also believe the wesson is probably gonna be superior in most cases

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
3,151 Posts
As I recall it, 10 years ago all Fusion offered was the “pro line”, custom built guns. My quote from Bob was $2800+. You could get into a brand new No Name for not much more than that. I think you still can.

·
Premium Member
27,317 Posts
As I recall it, 10 years ago all Fusion offered was the “pro line”, custom built guns. My quote from Bob was $2800+. You could get into a brand new No Name for not much more than that. I think you still can.
A Guncrafter certainly is 4-5x better

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,728 Posts
I would put my money in just about anything before spending $$$$ with FF.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not a gunsmith. Had I been smart enough to take my Fusion American Combat apart before shooting it, I would have rejected/returned it. It is now, sadly, my project pistol. Either I make it better or it self distructs. We shall see.

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,728 Posts
I turned down the opportunity to shoot a couple of them. I handled them and felt I'd be much better off spending much less and buying a RIA.

·
Registered
None, boating accident!
88 Posts
Only thing I have to add, is a trigger from fusion was an absolute fail.
The bow needed reshaping to get even a magazine to fit the front part of the bow was the wrong radius, the pre travel stubs were to small and did nothing to effect pre travel.
pretty much looked like a China built part built at the very lowest cost price point.

The machining on the trigger pad itself is pretty bad.

that trigger is in the parts bin, waiting I suppose for me to put in an enemy’s gun,
If I was forced to fix it....or something?

on the flip side, I found nighthawk custom to have a stellar trigger, that is file fit, even in an armscorp, fit and finish is stellar, and cost is reasonable...

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I picked up a Fusion custom from a great member here (@MSGT2511)...i believe it is the "Professional" series?? anyhow...same gun today would be $2800+ to build. Not sure of the current state of their quality, but mine...IS DARN NICE. Fitment is great...no slop, tight frame/slide fit, good barrel lockup. The checkering is aggressive and sharp...great "bite" when gripping. Accuracy is fantastic (see pics below...target at approx 18yds). It is ION-bonded throughout. I installed the current sights (just my preference), magwell, and grips. It doesn't see alot of use, as I have others I run for USPSA that i'm just more used to shooting. But, when I do shoot this pistol, it does bring a smile to my face.

So...I can't bash Fusion...my experience with their product is a positive one....Oh...and this one MAY be on the chopping block in the near future, LOL...just have eyes on other things...

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I picked up a Fusion custom from a great member here (@MSGT2511)...i believe it is the "Professional" series?? anyhow...same gun today would be $2800+ to build. Not sure of the current state of their quality, but mine...IS DARN NICE. Fitment is great...no slop, tight frame/slide fit, good barrel lockup. The checkering is aggressive and sharp...great "bite" when gripping. Accuracy is fantastic (see pics below...target at approx 18yds). It is ION-bonded throughout. I installed the current sights (just my preference), magwell, and grips. It doesn't see alot of use, as I have others I run for USPSA that i'm just more used to shooting. But, when I do shoot this pistol, it does bring a smile to my face.

So...I can't bash Fusion...my experience with their product is a positive one....Oh...and this one MAY be on the chopping block in the near future, LOL...just have eyes on other things...

View attachment 730478 View attachment 730477
View attachment 730479
View attachment 730480
View attachment 730481 View attachment 730482
View attachment 730483
While it sure is a shooter, and a nice gun. That front strap checkering (near the border, top row) but more specifically the grip safety are not indicative of a $2800 gun. Frankly, I would be PISSED if I unboxed it and saw those gaps and lack of blending.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
While it sure is a shooter, and a nice gun. That front strap checkering (near the border, top row) but more specifically the grip safety are not indicative of a $2800 gun. Frankly, I would be PISSED if I unboxed it and saw those gaps and lack of blending.
Well...if I was the original owner...maybe I'd feel that way....I bought it used for much less than. Given that, I'm good with 1-2 lines of checkering being a bit flat and a small gap in the BTGS fitment....I've seen worse in pistols that sold for more than I paid for this one....

As much as I love a flawless 1911, resultant from superior gunsmithing.....I'm also more of a "fightin' gun" kind of guy....if it is functional and accurate....I smile....

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Well...if I was the original owner...maybe I'd feel that way....I bought it used for much less than. Given that, I'm good with 1-2 lines of checkering being a bit flat and a small gap in the BTGS fitment....I've seen worse in pistols that sold for more than I paid for this one....

As much as I love a flawless 1911, resultant from superior gunsmithing.....I'm also more of a "fightin' gun" kind of guy....if it is functional and accurate....I smile....
I absolutely understand, frankly, I beat my guns and minor cosmetics don’t bother me IF it’s relative to what I paid. Which is where my ax to grind with Fusion comes in. Don’t charge me for upgrades and then shoddily perform them or do so at a novice level. Again, I wasn’t attacking your particular gun. Just pointing out complaints I would have if I paid Wilson/Nighthawk pricing for it. No offense intended and I apologize if that was rude.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I absolutely understand, frankly, I beat my guns and minor cosmetics don’t bother me IF it’s relative to what I paid. Which is where my ax to grind with Fusion comes in. Don’t charge me for upgrades and then shoddily perform them or do so at a novice level. Again, I wasn’t attacking your particular gun. Just pointing out complaints I would have if I paid Wilson/Nighthawk pricing for it. No offense intended and I apologize if that was rude.
No offense taken bro....all good. I totally see where you are coming from. I agree...the bar is pretty darn HIGH nowadays with what I'm seeing in semi-custom AND custom pistols, LOL.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts