1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share a photo. I cannot remember ever seeing any of this for sale in my LGS's. My Dad had a partial box of these in his stuff.

IMG_20190403_135336.jpg

I run across oddball stuff like this in his boxes from time to time.

I wonder what my kids will think of what I leave behind in my boxes . . . . . .

Z

Reactions: Recoil

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,277 Posts
What caliber ?

Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
Looks like .38 Special Wad Cutters....I have some loaded around here as well......Another one I can't remember why I loaded them but I had to have had 500 at one time as that is what came in the box and I don't have any loose.

Karsten

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What caliber ?
I will guess .38spl...
Yup, .38 Special wadcutters. These have REM-UMC on the base of the case, but there is one Peters in there.

I wonder if these are reloads. I know my dad used to reload shotgun shells, mainly 12 gauge when I was a young kid. I don't think he reloaded much past when I was 10 or 11. Fifty some years ago . . .

·
NRA Endowment member
3,149 Posts
38 special “shallow” semi-wadcutter. Hand loads is my guess due to the different seating depths.
Nice find Z!

Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
Registered
1 Posts
Button nose wadcutters...cast bullets. You can see the parting line on the nose of the 2nd from the left. From the days of 50 foot Bullseye competition and shooting revolvers...

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look like semi wad cutters, those aren't flush seated/flat faced like a wad-cutter. They wouldn't fit in a Model 52.
38 special “shallow” semi-wadcutter. Hand loads is my guess due to the different seating depths.
Nice find Z!
Button nose wadcutters...cast bullets. You can see the parting line on the nose of the 2nd from the left. From the days of 50 foot Bullseye competition and shooting revolvers...
That's what I love about this place . . . . .

So much information, so much experience . . . . .

Well, at least until I show up . . . . :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts