1911 Firearm Addicts banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I’m in for more reviews…Interesting about his take on Triarc, in 2019 he hated them in 2020 he loved them and in 2021 I guess he hates them again unless of course Fowler gave him a nice chunk as well as a free gun!…I would (and do) run a Triarc all day every day with no hesitation and trust my life with it, I’ve never had one issue or malfunction with either of mine and what sweet shooters they are…That being said I’d really like to get my hands on one of these Vanta 9!!! and preferably shoot it before I would drop the coin…

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I’m not sure how true this is…But I’m pretty sure Mr Jardine, from 1911 fame, knows whoever runs or owns or started Fowler and from what I’ve been told, had some involvement with some of the work or parts associated with their Gucci Glocks they used to do.

IF that’s accurate, maybe he had some involvement in this too.

But who knows…That could all be inaccurate information.
Jardine is close with the Fowlers from what I have heard & he had a hand in this 2011 design and build again from what I have heard FWIW, I have handled two of the guns and they are amazing. They are definitely superior to the Stacatto guns, personal opinion and the guns if you look on youtube are getting stellar reviews. They are a big step up from the plastic and production of stacatto, not a dig just a fact, hence the higher price - whether you need that or its worth it to you is a question only you can answer. Considering Stacatto's go for $4-6k here in the PRK I would jump on this gun in less than a heartbeat if I could but it will be a long time before any make it into this state and on the secondary PPT market, sure when they do they will be priced double retail as well..........

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Looks like a nice gun. But lots of competition in the 2011 world. Will love to see what others think but for my money, I would go for the Atlas and a little more, Infinity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
The fit and finish are excellent. Slide to frame fit is smooth and tight. It shoots noticeably flatter than my Atlas Titan. The trigger however, is a big letdown. I saw the same review you did, and if Fowler thinks a 3 pound trigger is heavy, I’d love to know how mine got out with a 4 1/2 pound trigger. Overall I’m impressed so far, but I may be contacting them asking about the trigger.

·
Registered
Wilson Sentinel compact, Ed Brown Kc9, Nighthawk T4
653 Posts
Man I love the look of the 2011 pistols - being in a banned state makes no sense for me to purchase one as I already carry the max 10 rounds in a commander
I must live vicariously through all of you . This one looks awesome and I am in for the info .
👍

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The fit and finish are excellent. Slide to frame fit is smooth and tight. It shoots noticeably flatter than my Atlas Titan. The trigger however, is a big letdown. I saw the same review you did, and if Fowler thinks a 3 pound trigger is heavy, I’d love to know how mine got out with a 4 1/2 pound trigger. Overall I’m impressed so far, but I may be contacting them asking about the trigger.
Good looking gun. 4.5 lbs is fine for carry but if you plan on using it for comps or just range fun, it is a bit heavy. Looking forward to your insights after you have it some more. Planning on one more 2011 purchase this next year. It’s either this or an Atlas. After having a CB master, Infinity and so to be Phoenix Trinity with another custom infinity incoming, I figure just one more should fill out my stable. It certainly looks the part. Esthetics are on point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Too bad I dont have 4k to spare 😏
Do I ever know that song! I sing it on a regular basis, reading the firearms classifieds here :ROFLMAO:

The trigger however, is a big letdown. I saw the same review you did, and if Fowler thinks a 3 pound trigger is heavy, I’d love to know how mine got out with a 4 1/2 pound trigger.
Is it crisp, the trigger?

For a pistol like that I'd definitely want it a skosh lighter--preferably 3-1/2 to 4 lbs., but 4-1/2 lbs. isn't hideous if it breaks cleanly.

It sure does look sharp :)

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
The trigger is not crisp. And on a gun like this I honestly expect no more than a 3 1/2 pound trigger. It came with a non lock back MBX mag, so I assume they expect this to be a range gun.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I’m very surprised, contact Fowler. The triggers on the ones I felt were excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: cheller73

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
So, after contacting Fowler, I was told that they keep their triggers on the heavier side for liability reasons and duty use. And if I wanted to pay shipping, they would lighten it for me. Duty use???? A $4k gun that comes with a non lock back mag? Liability?? Atlas comes under 2 pounds, and Staccato 2 1/2 pounds on their competition guns. Needless to say, I am not very happy with that answer.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
So, after contacting Fowler, I was told that they keep their triggers on the heavier side for liability reasons and duty use. And if I wanted to pay shipping, they would lighten it for me. Duty use???? A $4k gun that comes with a non lock back mag? Liability?? Atlas comes under 2 pounds, and Staccato 2 1/2 pounds on their competition guns. Needless to say, I am not very happy with that answer.
That is disappointing

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It most certainly is. I probably saw the same review you did where the review was told that the 3 pound trigger on his gun was heavier than Fowler liked. But I’m being told a 4 plus pound trigger is normal
Like you said, it just doesn't make sense getting a competition magazine with a mediocre "duty" trigger. And I'm with you on not buying the "liability" excuses when Staccato can pump out tons of XC's and XL's with beautiful 2.5lbs triggers using drop in production line parts.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts