Free Hogue wood grips for Sig P229

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Phil_I, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Phil_I

Phil_I New Member

Oct 29, 2017
    IMG_3962.JPG IMG_3963.JPG IMG_3964.JPG IMG_3965.JPG IMG_3966.JPG Paying it forward after an act of kind generosity by @Babboonbobo...

The first person with a CONUS mailing address to post that they can use these will get them. I acquired them second hand and believe they are Cocobolo, and they are in decent used condition but not perfect. They did not fit my particular gun due to an apparent design change in the P229 along the way. The area marked with Sharpie inside interfered on mine so wasn't able to use them. They may just require some fitting or modification to work properly, not 100% sure.

2. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Very nice way to pay it forward.

3. Gecko18

Gecko18 Active Member Supporting Addict

Nov 29, 2017
    Hi Phil - I have a Sig P229 Legion. How do you think these would look on that style? I wouldn't want to accept your gracious offering if they ended up looking strange. But of course, I guess I would just do the same and pay it forward by offering these back to the community for free.

Thoughts?

4. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    I’ll happily try fitting them on my Sig if they are still available please & thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. sigmanx

sigmanx Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Well if you get those I would be interested in your legion grips if you decide to get rid of them.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Gecko18 likes this.
  6. Gecko18

Nov 29, 2017
    I sigmanx - I think that I'd hold onto the Legion grips because it's not really a Legion without the full marketing appeal on resale. That is, if I ever decided to sell it which would be unlikely. This is still one of my favorite shooters in my collection. I just changed the trigger to a flat faced trigger (similar to what's on the P226 SAO Legion, stock) and just from this small change, it made me like it even more. But, I'd keep you in mind for dibs, if... :)

7. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Addicts are on a higher level. I’ve been saying this for years. The nurses and orderlies still argue with me. Can someone please help me? These cuffs freakin hurt!

Babboonbobo likes this.
  8. Phil_I

Phil_I New Member

Oct 29, 2017
    Hi Gecko, I'm really not sure...maybe you can compare the inside of your existing grips with the photos to see if they would fit? My best guess, and it's only a guess, is that my gun is older and that these were likely made for a newer design. But, they were made before the Legion came out...

You have first dibs, and you are welcome to try them and them pass them along if you don't like them. Just confirm here either way and send a PM with your mailing address if you want them.

You are next in line if Gecko passes...

Gecko18 and simonp like this.
  9. Ethanol Red

Jul 12, 2015
    I love this site.

Gecko18 and simonp like this.
  10. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    That’s funny, I was asked earlier if you highjacked my account while I was in the sh!tter because of my post. Your rubbing off Red!!

Gecko18 likes this.
  11. Gecko18

Nov 29, 2017

Thank you for your offer. Since I’m not sure how they’d look and not sure if they’d fit given the model and age difference, please go ahead with the next person who’s interested.

Thank you VERY much!

12. Ethanol Red

Jul 12, 2015
    One little pill a day is all it takes! You’ll be good as new.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  13. Phil_I

Phil_I New Member

Oct 29, 2017
    Ok, no problem Gecko.

Still interested simonp?

14. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Yes please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sigmanx likes this.
  15. Phil_I

Phil_I New Member

Oct 29, 2017
    Ok, send a PM with mailing address and I'll send them out sometime this week.

Babboonbobo, simonp and sigmanx like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted