FTE on Baer Concept Vll

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by JimmieRay, Oct 22, 2011.

1. JimmieRay

JimmieRay New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Put another 200 rounds thru my Concept Vll today and had 5 FTE. Last trip ran 200 thru her and had 4 FTE. Gun was lubed up good, Should I be concerned about this issue? I am aware of the issue with Commander size Baers. Am I going to need to send to someone like Harrison to get this baby to run? I am no 1911 expert but feel like this is not going to go away on its own. Current round count down range is 410. Opinions please!

2. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Which mags are using?

3. JimmieRay

JimmieRay New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Wilson 47 D. Have some Chip McCormicks coming this week.

4. gocanes

gocanes Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Good luck to you. My opinion is that any semi-custom should work with any brand of quality ammo and any brand of quality magazine. If it does not, I'd have either the manufacturer or a trusted gunsmith make sure it does. Doing anything else is just settling and working around the problem. Might cost you a bit to do so, either in shipping and/or smith work, but don't you want to trust the gun? Harrison's function and reliability package is $85. A bargain compared to experimenting with different mags and SD ammo, imo. Shipping it back to Baer is another good option.

5. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    My PII in 9mm took about 750 rds and a change in mags(along with a thorough cleaning of the extractor and channel as well as a step up in recoil spring weight) for it to run reliably.

Change mags to start with.Run it to about 750rds and if you see no improvement,send it back.

Just my.02

DAT85

6. JimmieRay

JimmieRay New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Thanks for the reply and I will do just that. More than a little frustrating

7. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    Go figure. What ever happened to being 100% dependable out of the box. I guess that's only something the haters say to Kimber owners. :tongue:

Keep shooting. It will most likely work itself out.

claire

8. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    What kind of ammo are you using?

Andy

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted