1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a comment regarding the 1911s that are made by fusion firearms in Venice Florida? Looking at their custom builds. any information would be great . thanks

·
Crabby Old Gunsmith
1,314 Posts
Just my "feeling" here. I get the feeling that they are investing heavily in quality new machinery and really making an effort to improve their product. If what they're doing is your cup of tea, I wouldn't dissuade you in any way. Their guns are far better than they were say...5 years ago. That can't be said for a lot of semi custom makers, that's for darn sure.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
The Serva family are top notch people who cannot do enough for you. I own a couple of the freedom series guns. the quality is far better than standard production guns. They are similar in quality to DW(figures as Robert onc e owned dw --pre fire). they are really nice to shoot. the price point is great and you get MORE than you paid for.
I do not have experience with their semicustom(pro line) models. they sure look great though

the ONLY issue I had was with ejection of 9mm casings --coming out @ 6 o'clock. TYler serva helped improve that for me. what else is new though? few makers of 9mm full sized 1911s get the ejection pattern right. I was glad they offere d to help fix it

Reactions: blitz45

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Good company....great owner. I have a Fusion Pro-Series Railed government model that I bought on here...the gun is a LASER and is VERY WELL fit. Great finish (ION Bond), great internals, no machining marks (or very few), AWESOME checkering, Good trigger.....it's a SHOOTAH' FO SHO'...LOL.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Fusion...

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I know there has been a lot of negative comments about Fusion guns on past forums but I owned a Fusion bob tailed commander (don't remember the exact series) but it was nicely fitted and finished, shot lights out. Just from the comments I've read in the past it seems like quality was a mixed bag, you might get a great firearm or a problem. My experience was about 5 years ago so not sure about recent quality. One consideration on purchasing new, it seems like the resale on Fusions is closer to 50-60% of the new price. That may not be a concern for you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Very timely that this thread popped up; I've been looking for the last few parts before I start my first build and have been looking at their Frames/Slides and was wondering about quality.

I like to buy from local(Florida at least) companies when possible, but objective info has been hard to find.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Good company....great owner. I have a Fusion Pro-Series Railed government model that I bought on here...the gun is a LASER and is VERY WELL fit. Great finish (ION Bond), great internals, no machining marks (or very few), AWESOME checkering, Good trigger.....it's a SHOOTAH' FO SHO'...LOL.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Fusion...
THANKS ZIPPER--ALWAYS GOOD TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS ONE

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Looking at the Fusion website, it appears they are one of very few 1911 semi-custom shops that will build a gun in the configuration and caliber of your choice. Never seriously considered them because of all the customer complaints from several years ago. But, if they have improved, maybe they are worth a closer look. Thanks to the OP for bringing this up.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have a Fusion Custom put together by Dave Nielson at South Ridge Arms in Washington state.
It has the best trigger of all my 1911s, great slide to frame fit, etc. Just like any 1911, it depends on the builder and quality of parts.

I have no experience with completed 1911s from Fusion, but Bob Serva is a member here, and his builds look great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just finishing a long slide stainless 45, using their slide and barrel and a few other of their parts. Caspian frame. No real complaints other than a restocking fee they charged for a hi power part they recommended that wasn’t correct. All the 1911 stuff works well. Easy to get them on the phone and good customer service. They have a dealer discount though it’s not substantial.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts