1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am a new owner of a Fusion Firearms Grand sport 2011 Long Slide. I acquired this pistol through a trade and I really don't know too much about the Fusion brand. It's currently chambered in 10mm but I have been thinking about swapping out the slide to 9mm. I already own a 10mm but I want a nice race gun that's cheap to feed. Since this pistol is from the custom line would I be better off selling and building a race gun of my own? I know I would be able to save some money but I feel I would be doing some disservice to the pistol by altering it. Any input would be appreciated.

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
I believe that’s probably a $2500 - $3000 pistol give or take, from their custom shop. The owner of Fusion was the previous owner of Dan Wesson before selling it to CZ.

I don’t know that I would frankengun it, because it would be hard to get the money out if you ever wanted to sell/trade, I’d think.

Or maybe send it to them and let them swap the slide for you. I dunno.

I owned one of their lower end 1911’s built for the masses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s kind of what I was thinking. I contacted Fusion about it and they said it could be a $3600-$4200. I know that’s a retail price but even at a depreciated price it’s worth quite a bit.

·
Pigtails and butter please...
2,909 Posts
Sorry, I was trying to be polite.

Fusion firearms are only multi-thousand dollar weapons to heavy crack users.

That said, modifying to suit is probably a better option than attempting a sale.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, that’s what I expected. I doubt I would ever get even close to the retail price. Just not sure if it’s worth it to do the work on it or if I should just trade/sell and build from the ground up

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
What was Fusions price to build a 9mm top end for you?

If the gun works well and you like it, that may be a good option!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts