SOLD GA Precision 300 win mag precision rifle.

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by handforged, Jul 12, 2020.

1. handforged

handforged Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool Supporting Addict

May 19, 2020
    It is with a heavy heart that I put one of my prized possessions up on the chopping block for sale. Alas, this is a duplicate rifle for me and the wife is wanting a new truck. So I need to generate cash to make that happen.

Description: This rifle is special and truly one of a kind. It was built by George at GA precision on a Defiant Deviant tactical action. This is the same action they are currently using rebranded as "Templar" I believe. Stainless action with a 20 MOA rail that is machined into the action. Bolt has been fluted and has a Sako extractor. Barrel is a Bartlein 5R contour and has been fitted with a two port muzzle brake that is threaded for the Thunder Beast suppressor. I believe it is AAC compatible as well. The night vision adaptable rail is an R/D piece from Underground Skunkworks, As is the detachable bottom metal that accepts the Accuracy international single stack 300 win mag magazines. This was all fitted to a Manners T3 stock with a heavy fill in GAP camo pattern from GA precision. Timney trigger breaks like GLASS at 2.5 pounds. It has a forward bipod rail as well as 2 flush cups for sling mounting. A good many of the parts used in this rifle have never been available to the public or are no longer produced. It is the most stable platform you could ever hope to use. Finish is flawless in matte cerakote black on the stainless action, barrel and bottom metal.

Details: This rifle has never been broken in. It has 40 meticulously documented rounds through the barrel, cleaned fired, cleaned fired with a log book included with details of break in at this point. This girl is an exact copy of my Black Betty rifle that has been a consistent tactical match winner since being built. It will hold 3/8" MOA with factory ammo. If you reload with the Berger VLD in the 185 juggernaut, it will beat that by a mile. Cloverleafing 5 shots at 200 under 1/2". That is a guarantee with a competent shooter. Feel free to ask any questions via PM. Price is 4500.00 and I will split shipping/insurance with the buyer or local sale in Montana. Price represents the cost of the materials used in the build, not what was spent to have the work done. bett7.jpg betty.jpg betty1.jpg betty2.jpg betty3.jpg betty4.jpg betty5.jpg betty6.jpg I will accept a reasonable offer but please be realistic. I could also possibly combine this with some quality glass if someone wanted. Someone give this girl a good home, she is very special and it is killing me to sell it but sometimes we do what we have to.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    FWoo45, ak_in_ca, simonp and 11 others like this.
  2. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    Dang it guy. I don’t like regular rifles. It that thing is nice.

3. TRRK Trading

TRRK Trading Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 18, 2018
    I've been wanting a GA Perversion for some time.

handforged likes this.
  4. handforged

May 19, 2020
    If you tried to replicate it today you'd spend between 6-7k on it, plus all the incidentals of shipping this and that. This is essentially a bench rest accurate rifle in a tactical stock in 300 wm. There will be NO regrets here. You want to ring steel at 1200 effortlessly? Take elk at any reasonable distance? This is your girl.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  5. handforged

May 19, 2020
    A custom build from them is well into the years waiting list right now.

5pt56 likes this.
  6. Kaboom

Kaboom Active Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Barrel twist, length and contour please ?

7. handforged

May 19, 2020
    Sorry, I made some assumptions there. The Bartlein 5R is a barrel contour. Heavy match barrel 1.20/ 1.750 that tapers to .980. 26" barrel with 1-11

FWoo45 and simonp like this.
  8. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    That is one sweet deal on an awesome rifle! :D:D:D

handforged likes this.
  9. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 18, 2016
    I will take it!

FWoo45, NPV, TexasBB and 6 others like this.
  10. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    You will not regret that buy! All the parts he mentioned and the folks at GA are top notch! :D

JeffK likes this.
  11. BigSkyGuy

BigSkyGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2018
    I had to turn this thing down before he posted it...:cry:

What an incredible rifle!

FWoo45, JeffK and Colorado Sonny like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted