Game camera recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by monadh, Feb 3, 2019.

1. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    Guys, need some guidance.

I was out walking the dog this morning, and i saw him lay down and start wallowing in something. Went over and saw he was laying in bear scat. The scat was a little over a foot in width, and nice round splat in my grass. I knew we had a big bear in the area, and I've even saw his late one night about 3 years ago, but now I want photographic proof for the NC wildlife biologist. I want that bear gone and my daughter free to walk the dog.

Can anyone recommend a camera that won't break the bank?

Thanks.

PewPewPtwang likes this.
  2. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Hopefully the bear scat didn't smell like pepper spray or have bells in it ;)

WHEELS likes this.

3. Don_P

Don_P Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2018
    At what amount does the bank get broken? I have a dozen or so from a few different makers. So far the cheapest (a little over $100) that I am very pleased with and has provided the best results is the Browning Strike Force HD 850. Great daylight pictures, decent infrared results, decent shutter speed. Here's one one eBay for $110 with a 16 gig card.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Browning-S...6v:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!12491!US!-1:rk:5:pf:0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  4. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    Nah, my wife had dumped a lot of bird seed back in the woods behind our house, and the bear came to make use of it. Then he left the remains of what he ate.

5. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
  6. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    I second the Browning Strike Force recommendation. I’ve been using them for several years, and they have fast trigger speeds and take great pictures.

7. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018
    I have a Moultree A 20i I got at Wally world a few years ago that's still kicking at about 80 clams. Caught the little POS siphoning gas out of my trucks with it! :D

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot and monadh like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted