1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a custom Garrity on order and will report back once it is done.

I asked him twice what the lead time was and he didn't reply. Might not be a good sign...but I can wait.
Nah, just remind him occasionally, like anyone else making good stuff.... he stays covered up. I've got another 1911 and CZ75 holsters coming next week. Will post when they arrive.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just an update. I received the holster in appr. 30 days....which is good.

The holster itself was made very well. Fit was nice, model was right.

But, the cant was way off. I specified 20º and received 28º. The cant was so far off that the holster is not usable. He offered to remake the holster for free if I returned it...which is admirable, but I wasn't willing to spend another $15 on return shipping, to say nothing of what my time is worth to do so. Plus more time for waiting on replacements.

I told him not to worry about it, put the holster in my "sell it someday" box, and ordered a holster from somewhere else. Garritys' work has been accurately classified from my perspective.

In the end, I'd have to say that Garrity is honest, respectable, affable, but unfortunately inaccurate.

A good guy and holster maker. My impression is that he is honest. Still searching for the the right holster.

Par for the course. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.