1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've attached several photos of my Gasser Model 1870 Montenegrin 11mm black powder cartridge. Left side of pistol has legends L Gasser patent Wien Ottakring 157732 Gussstahl. Below cylinder L.G. Hanging apple pierced by arrow, Schutzmarke. All numbers match. This Gasser revolver with 240mm barrel marked on top with crowned NI (Nikola I, ruler of Montenegro 1860-1918) is not a common Austro-Hungarian M1870/74 army type revolver but rather the famous Gasser's Montenegrin pattern. This was originaly introduced in the early 1870s but this specimen was made circa 1900. Special markings on cylinder and barrel are supposed to be Turkish property marks. King Nikolai of Montenegro (1910-1918) was one of the main stockholders in Leopold Gasser Waffenfabrik (manufacturer of the Austro-Hungarian Army/Navy Model 1870 revolver) who issued a proclamation stating “Every male citizen of Montenegro is a member of the Militia, and therefore not only justified but also obliged to possess at least one Gasser Pattern revolver.”
Metal Cylinder Material property Iron Still life photography
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
Gun Firearm Trigger Line Gun accessory
Line Grey Composite material Metal Material property
Photograph Black Machine Snapshot Metal
Photograph Metal Material property Cylinder Still life photography
Brown Metal Tan Material property Pipe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.