1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Gaston Glock definitely achieved his goal

9K views 191 replies 74 participants last post by  ScaryTerry 
#1 ·
Gaston Glock was personally asked at the SHOT Show in 1999 who he designed his pistol for. He said that while he was happy to sell his pistol to anyone who could legally own it, he designed it for military personnel and other armed professionals. When he was asked what he designed it to do, he said, "To be able to hit a man in the chest under adverse conditions at 50 meters, and do it 100% of the time." Gaston himself never cared that the pistol did not meet the desires of people for whom carrying a gun is a fashion statement.

#11 ·
#47 ·
My Glocks.. Only better ergos, better trigger, much prettier, and just as reliable. Gaston was first out of the gate..then got his doors blown off. The S&W M&P with it's 2.0 trigger is a better gun too.

Well; I bought my first M&P9 in ‘07, and shortly thereafter sold/traded whatever was left of my five glocks. It was (of course) a “pre-2.0” and was (bone stock) so much better than those things…

Reactions: Lisa93
#17 ·
Wow, sorry this thread went from General Discussion to Major Disaster.

OP - Thanks for the anecdote. It's interesting to hear what Gaston's frame of mind was. I thoroughly enjoyed Glock: The Rise of America's Gun by Paul Barret.

Worth a read if you haven't seen it already.

#18 ·
That book is -REALLY- interesting and let me tell anyone that hasn't read it... you might seriously enjoy it if you are, in your heart, a Glock hater too.

The book isn't exactly a big story about specific handguns and what the handguns do, it's more about the man and the incredibly inventive and in many cases, royally DOUCHEY business practices of Glock.

Glock kind of made a mockery of the competition when it came to selling guns to law enforcement organizations... to the tune of absolutely crazy piles of money.

If you like Glock, the book is a good read. If you hate Glock, the book is a good read.

#27 ·
I’ve shot a few of my brothers police issued ones. They just didn’t/don’t do anything for me and the fanboys that drive around with the Big 2’ tall G on the back of their pickup truck really doesn’t do them any favors but if you like them that’s fine with me, no flaming of anyone on my part. (I do own a pickup though)
Now my Brother did turn me on to HK and Sig back in the 70s and been loving them ever since. My opinions only!!

#34 ·
Some goals , Gaston Glock a former member of the German army ( read Nazi ) , money launder to evade taxes , owner of many shell companies to cover illicit profits by posing as a curtain rod manufacturer to cover his tracts , tried to lay blame on his partner
( who attempted to have him murdered ) , was some fine example of a POS .
his close circle of friends is composed of known
Nazi sympathizers .
just remember that when you spend your money in support of this criminal.

#40 ·
Some goals , Gaston Glock a former member of the German army ( read Nazi ) , money launder to evade taxes , owner of many shell companies to cover illicit profits by posing as a curtain rod manufacturer to cover his tracts , tried to lay blame on his partner
( who attempted to have him murdered ) , was some fine example of a POS .
his close circle of friends is composed of known
Nazi sympathizers .
just remember that when you spend your money in support of this criminal.
Are you also upset about the United States winning the space race?

#35 ·
After nearly 20 years on the market Gaston Glock proudly proclaims what has already happened

Thats like Mark Zuckerberg saying today that he started Facebook to be a total cesspool that has divided the country, while silencing speech he doesnt approve

I have a feeling Gaston Glock would have answered that question ALOT differently in 1983. Its easy to make that declaration in 1999

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.